PR & Social Account Executive
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 6 Feb 2019
Closes 8 Mar 2019
Are you a clever, creative and curious PR and social media professional with at least a year’s experience under your belt who loves food, drink, and travel?
Come and join our fast-paced, fun boutique PR agency in Surry Hills as our new PR & Social Media Account Executive and grow your career working on an array of restaurants, cafes, wine, whiskey, and coffee.
This role is responsible for providing solid support for multiple account teams. Work includes ownership of client coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, media relations support, writing media materials and witty social copy, creating social content, and managing our client’s social media channels on their behalf.
- Assisting client account teams with media relations and execution of PR programs.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients.
- Developing, maintaining and updating media lists.
- Writing and proofreading media materials and pitches.
- Coordinating and executing media send outs.
- Reviewing publications and identifying trends.
- Developing engaging social media content.
- Managing social media channels on behalf of clients.
- Developing email marketing campaigns.
- Providing office support by answering phones and providing daily news reports.
- Managing the agency’s website content including uploading blog posts and case studies.
- Writing blogs and creating social content for the agency’s digital channels.
- A solid understanding and appreciation for PR, deadlines, and teamwork.
- An interest in food, drink, and hospitality.
- Personality plus!
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and research skills.
- An organised approach, juggling multiple tasks at once.
- Hunger to learn and a can-do attitude.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- The ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- The ability to take direction from supervisors and managers.
Your credentials include:
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in a public relations role.
- Ideally, PR agency experience.
- A degree in PR, communications, or journalism or relevant industry certifications.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous training and development opportunities, both internally and externally.
- Exposure to diverse tasks and career opportunities to accelerate your learning.
- A long-term career opportunity with ample development
- Fun offices in Surry Hills, close to transport, surrounded by great food, good coffee, shops and pubs.
- A hard-working but fun team environment offering all the support you need to thrive.
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people who share your passion for food, drink, hospitality and travel.
Tonic PR is a fast-growing boutique lifestyle PR agency specialising in the food, drink, hospitality and travel space. We offer a range of communications services from traditional and digital media relations, events, social media and digital content, marketing and branding. We are proud to work with some of the most creative restaurateurs, producers, and marketers in Australia on a long-term basis, many since we launched in 2015.
- Contact Name: Allira Carroll
- Contact Email: [email protected]