PR Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Posted 21 Mar 2019
Closes 20 Apr 2019
The Red Republic is a leading Australian PR agency, established in 2003 and part of the McCann Worldgroup. Our client list reads like a who’s who of high profile consumer brands, and we have offices in Sydney, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Los Angeles.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to join the team in our vibrant office on the Gold Coast.
You would lead The Red Republic’s talented Gold Coast team across a portfolio of high profile retail, travel & hospitality, food & beverage and property brands, and work alongside a talented and inspiring team of PR professionals. You will also collaborate with world class creatives at McCann on integrated campaigns and new business pitches.
The role would suit an established Account Manager or Senior Account Manager with agency experience looking to grow and develop their career, while being part of a powerful global communication network.
- An Account Manager manages the day to day implementation of communications strategies, overseen by a Senior Account Manager or Account Director. They are responsible for daily management of PR Executives, and ensuring all client KPIs are met.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, understands PR strategies and their role in implementing them
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude, and a high level of accountability
- Has around three years plus experience in a PR agency, or comparable environment.
- Specialist and up to date understanding of PR and communications
- Excellent client management skills and ability to manage client expectations on a day to day level and pre-empt issues before they happen
- Excellent time management skills
- Comes up with strong creative ideas that are on point with strategy, and knows how to bring them to life
- Strong attention to detail and good proof reading skills, able to critique tone and content (not just spelling and grammar)
- Deep understanding of the national media landscape and media needs, able to develop strong story angles
- Strong and up to date understanding of social media marketing
- Experienced event manager
- Manages the implementation of PR strategies effectively to ensure client satisfaction and retention
- Supports Director in the development of PR plans
- Writes or approves all written content for campaigns including press releases, media pitches, social media content plans; edits team’s work with no errors
- Confidently pitches to media and influencers to secure coverage and collaborations and guides PR Execs in this area; has a strong national contact base and proactively expands it
- Leads the development of social media campaigns (including social advertising) and content plans with minimal direction
- Knows when a strategy needs to be reviewed mid-campaign and works with Director to do so
- Manages budgets under supervision of a Senior Account Manager or Director
- Manages and delegates to team effectively, helping them prioritise where needed
- Meets deadlines with no prompting or supervision, allowing sufficient time for Director approval
- Owns daily client relationship with no supervision, oversees and guides PR Exec’s client contact, and runs weekly client WIP call. Escalates to Director for complex or strategic topics
- Works effectively with the design studio, giving clear briefs and enough lead time
- Ensures timely (minimum same day) response to emails from staff, clients, media and suppliers
- Ensures client KPIs are met on all accounts at all times
- Ensures creation of monthly activity report and ensures it is delivered on time, allowing sufficient time for Director approval
OUR VALUES ARE IMPORTANT TO US: Integrity, Passion, Unity, Respect
THE RED REPUBLIC PERKS…
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Work on awesome national and international consumer clients in the travel, lifestyle, health, beauty and fashion industries
- Training and development (on the job and external)
- A supportive team environment
- Annual company conference
- Career progression
- Work with a passionate, award winning team
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and sample of your written work to [email protected]
We thank you for your interest in this role and advise that only candidates who obtain interviews will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.