PR Account Director and Team Leader
Posted 21 Mar 2019
Closes 20 Apr 2019
The Red Republic is a leading Australian PR agency, established in 2003 and part of the McCann Worldgroup. Our client list reads like a who’s who of high profile consumer brands, and we have offices in Sydney, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Los Angeles.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Account Director to join the team in our vibrant office on the Gold Coast.
You would lead The Red Republic’s talented Gold Coast team across a portfolio of high profile retail, travel & hospitality, food & beverage and property brands, and work alongside a talented and inspiring team of PR professionals. You will also collaborate with world class creatives at McCann on integrated campaigns and new business pitches.
The role would suit an established Account Director with agency experience looking to grow and develop their career, while being part of a powerful global communication network.
- Develops effective communication strategies for TRR Gold Coast clients, and leads the Gold Coast team in implementing them
- Responsible for campaign strategy development and implementation; staff management; client development and retention; and meeting a set financial target
- Member of the agency management team
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude, and a high level of accountability
- Has 10 years plus experience in a PR agency, or comparable environment.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and strategic ability
- Specialist and up to date understanding of PR and communications practices, ability to train teams in them and sell them to clients
- Excellent team and client leadership skills, able to inspire loyalty and diffuse issues
- Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead teams to develop strong creative ideas that are on point with strategy
- Excellent understanding of the national media landscape and media needs
- Strong and up to date understanding of social media marketing
RESPONSIBILITIES: CLIENT AND CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT…
- Fully interrogates client briefs and develops suitable PR strategies to add value to their business
- Oversees the implementation of PR strategies and can review if needed, can be on the tools when needed
- Has strong relationships with clients as a senior consultant and strategist. Guides teams in complex client communications, stepping in as required. Attends key client meetings
- Ensures client expectations are being managed, potential issues are mitigated before they arise; team’s quality of work meets client objectives and delivers value
- Edits team’s work with no errors
- Has strong senior national media & influencer relationships with the ability to pull in favours
- Proven ability to manage multiple budgets
- Final approval of team’s monthly activity reports
RESPONSIBILITES: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT…
- Retains and upsells existing clients, with a client retention rate of at least 70%
- Hunts and converts new business for GC and Brisbane offices, ensures a strong pipeline at all times and meets revenue budgets 70% of the time
- Delivers stellar new business proposals that are current with the latest trends and on point with brief
- Establishes a network of contacts in surrounding industries and positions TRR as a leading national agency
- Works cohesively with McCann QLD team and fosters a productive relationship
- Ensures accounts are profitable and over-servicing is kept to a minimum (under 15%)
RESPONSIBILITES: TEAM LEADERSHIP…
- Leads by example at all times and contributes to a positive culture and exceptionally high standards
- Ensures GC office culture and processes are in line with that of overall and Brisbane agency
- Effectively leads staff; coaches them to expand their efficiency and skillset; inspires and motivates them to go above and beyond
- Works with line reports on their professional development
- Supports management team in the recruitment and retention of staff as appropriate
- Identifies and resolves HR performance issues quickly and effectively
OUR VALUES ARE IMPORTANT TO US: Integrity, Passion, Unity, Respect
THE RED REPUBLIC PERKS…
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Work on awesome national and international consumer clients in the travel, lifestyle, health, beauty and fashion industries
- Training and development (on the job and external)
- A supportive team environment
- Annual company conference
- Career progression
- Work with a passionate, award winning team
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and sample of your written work to [email protected]
We thank you for your interest in this role and advise that only candidates who obtain interviews will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.