Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 19 Mar 2019
Closes 18 Apr 2019
About the Business
Soulara is positively repping the power of plants to inspire a healthier, vibrant human spirit on a thriving, more sustainable world.
We are a plant-powered nutrition program specialising in creating innovative superfood meals that are both good for you and the planet. Crafted by our expert chefs and passionate nutritionists, Soulara meals are conveniently delivered to our growing number of subscribers around Australia.
Support the bigger picture by working with like-minded people on a mission: to make plant-based living inspiring, easy and accessible to people from all walks of life!
Role & Responsibilities
- Working alongside our full-time Copywriter, assisting them in efficiently writing creative and engaging on-brand website copy, social media content and captions, blog posts, banner ads, AdWords, print media and more.
- Writing on-brand quality lifestyle content in a creative editorial style.
- Delivering hard sell/marketing/advertising commercial copywriting that converts – and often with a short turnaround time.
- Researching and generating click-worthy topics for articles and blog posts (without being click bait).
- Working on numerous projects simultaneously, taking on different tones of voice for varying projects with ease.
- Ad-hoc writing duties as required by management and our full-time Copywriter.
- This is an in-house only, fast-paced part-time role with the potential to develop into a full-time role in the future. 2-3 days/week to start, days negotiable.
Skills & Experience
- Proven ongoing copywriting experience: demonstrating the ability to take on a brand’s tone of voice with ease, and to move seamlessly between creating editorial and commercial copy. Examples of your copywriting in a portfolio should be provided.
- An understanding of how to write for SEO is ideal.
- A friendly, can-do attitude and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- You love to write and read, and are up-to-date with the latest editorial and pop culture trends and styles.
- You can write both creative editorial copy and commercial hard sell marketing copywriting.
- You exhibit excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A health and/or fitness industry qualification is not necessary but a bonus.
Benefits & Perks
- Hours are usually standard 9am-5.30pm, with a bonus 4.30pm finish on Fridays
- We have a kitchen stocked with snacks including our delicious healthy Soulara meals for lunch every day, and everybody gets cake on their birthday
- Join a young energetic, passionate and supportive team
- Great company culture and an intimate, collaborative environment
- Sydney CBD Location, close to public transport
Please apply via Pedestrian, and attach a brief cover letter explaining why you are ideal for this role, in addition to your CV and portfolio (or examples of your published writing). You must answer the pre-screening questions to be eligible for this role.
Note – Please be aware that this role is open to permanent residents only. Due to the expected high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to progress to the next stage of the interview process. This will involve a short writing task.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.