Office and General Support Volunteer
NSW - Byron Bay, Lismore & Far North Coast
Posted 10 Oct 2019
Closes 9 Nov 2019
- Are you looking to gain experience in administration and customer service?
- Would you like to be a part of a passionate team of staff and volunteers?
Outline of the role:
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen.
Supporting the Northern Community Engagement team and based at Byron Bay, your key accountabilities will include:
- Helping to identify office needs and responding to those needs with resources and implementation
- General duties to ensure the smooth running of the office – e.g. weekly fruit and milk shop, sorting and audit of stock room, equipment maintenance records and bookings
- Working on volunteer gift project
- Assisting staff with preparation of documents including sorting, photocopying, proof reading and mail outs.
- Updating regional contact lists, databases, and other useful tools
- Initiate and write case studies focusing on our Far North Coast volunteers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and volunteers
Our ideal volunteer will have:
- Ability to prioritise and work with deadlines
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills
- An interest in office management and the not-for-profit sector
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Flexible approach to work, with a fun and enthusiastic attitude
- Commitment to the cancer cause and the mission of Cancer Council NSW
Benefits of the role for the volunteer:
- Improve knowledge and achieve personal goals which can be discussed with your supervisor
- A great opportunity to improve skills and gain experience in administration and customer service
- Access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits, and much more. See our website, under volunteering, for more information.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online by going to our WEBSITE and submit your cover letter and resume!
Applications close Tuesday 12 November, 2019.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Hannah Nairn, Community Relations Coordinator on 02 6639 1304.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.
- Contact Name: Volunteer Vacancies
- Contact Email: [email protected]