NSW State Director
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 11 Aug 2019
Building capacity in young people across Australia to lead, demand and create a more just world is one of Oaktree’s key three impact areas. Engaging with communities across Australia is one of the core ways we achieve this. We create programs and volunteering experiences that allow young people to realise their potential, and see just what they’re capable of. The Community Engagement team is responsible for leading our work that engages with communities across Australia. Much of this work is possible due to our state branches across the country which leads our advocacy and fundraising initiatives in schools, universities and community groups. As New South Wales State Director, you are responsible for overseeing these campaigns and relationships as well as leading and managing the leadership team.
As the NSW State Director, a typical day might look like:
– Having a meeting with your State Officers to go over the state’s priorities and talk through any challenges they may be facing.
– Interviewing people for a new volunteer role that has opened up in the NSW Team.
– Hopping onto a telco with other State Directors and the Deputy Head of Community Engagement to provide feedback on how a new national strategy could be rolled out in the NSW context.
– Presenting a speech to a local school about the role young people play in creating a more just world.
– Pursuing opportunities to connect and partner with other like-minded organisations
What you will get out of it:
– Work closely with incredible young leaders across Australia as a part of our valued leadership team.
– Have experiences you wouldn’t get anywhere else from managing and leading volunteers to making key decisions on a fundraising strategy.
– The opportunity to lead Oaktree strategy for your entire state, making key decisions and inspiring your team of volunteers.
– Make an impact in Australia and globally in the movement to create a world where all people have the opportunity to thrive.
Time Commitment: 2-3 Days per week | Please note this is a volunteer position.
For more information on this role, and for how to apply, head over to: www.oaktree.org/volunteer_in_nsw. Applications close Monday 29th July 2019.
- Contact Name: Liam Batchelor
- Contact Email: [email protected]