Posted 12 Feb 2019
Closes 14 Mar 2019
Surf Life Saving exists to save lives, create great Australians and build better communities. As one of
Australia’s most respected organisations and world leader in lifesaving, coastal public safety, rescue and education services we embody and inspire a truly positive and uniquely Australian attitude, because every member, every club, the entire movement embraces and promotes a can do attitude to life.
We are currently looking for a full-time Media Coordinator to join our Communications & Partnerships Team. The primary purpose of this role is to deliver SLSA and its brand to the external world by coordinating SLSA’s media and exposure through the full range of media channels, ensuring consistency of message and tone across all external touch points for the organisation.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, the key areas of focus for the role are:
- Media & Communications Planning – Our organisational and campaign objectives require strong media and PR strategies behind them, so you will need to contribute to and coordinate our media and communications plans. Cultivation of relationships internally and externally, particularly with local and national media across television, radio, print, magazines and online will be necessary.
- Content Development – Providing content development to support editorial and media story development, as well as providing content for our integrated digital marketing strategy will be key. You will also be required to provide content to support presentations and speeches made by our President and CEO.
- Measurement and Reporting – We love to see regular media monitoring! Impress us with reports of the reach and impact of our media activities.
We are looking for a proactive media coordiantor superstar who embodies Surf Life Saving’s values and has the following experience and attributes:
- Communication plays an essential role in effective media and corporate affairs. As such, it’s imperative that you’re gifted with excellent verbal and written communications skills and you have gained experience in writing media releases, articles and externally focussed communications for a range of audiences
- Ability to establish strong relationships across SLSA, state and territory entities is critical
- You will need to have experience in the Microsoft Office suite and we’d of course expect you to be familiar with the internet, databases and social networking platforms
- We are fast paced, so it’s important that you have strong time management skills with proven ability to manage several projects at once, to prioritise work and to work under pressure to meet tight timeframes
- We will highly regard a tertiary qualification in media, journalism and/or communications, but the equivalent experience won’t be overlooked!
If you can demonstrate your capabilities and attributes in the above areas and have the motivation, desire and skill set to be challenged in this role and further your career with one of Australia’s most iconic brands, please email your Cover Letter (telling us why!) and Resume to [email protected]
This is a full-time position, working 38 hours per week and is based at Surf House @ Bondi.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 15th February 2019
Please note: only applicants with the eligibility to work in Australia will be considered.
SLSA is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check.