Media Communications Internship
Posted 14 Jul 2020
Closes 13 Aug 2020
Hunter and Bligh is an online, data-driven lifestyle guide that brings together the latest in food and drink, travel, entertainment, technology and much more from around Australia.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated writers to contribute topical and relevant content focusing on travel, food, drink, technology, style, cars and entertainment.
Note: This is not a paid role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regularly pitching content ideas and collaborating in content workshops
- Writing and publishing compelling and engaging content
- Attending events (PR events, launches, festivals) such as reviewing restaurants and bars, theatre productions or films if available.
- Participating and assisting with social media content
You will possess:
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and self-motivated attributes
- Experience in writing/sub-editing
- Enjoy getting out to events (music, theatre, restaurants, bars)
- The ability to adhere to deadlines
- Experience with social media
- Knowledge and use of WordPress
- Photoshop, Canva or basic image editing skills
- SEO knowledge and use of keywords
As a contributor to Hunter and Bligh, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Have your work published to a wide online audience of 160,000+ active and engaged email subscribers and 240,000+ unique monthly readers.
- Refine your writing skills and develop your portfolio.
- Experience working in a professional environment as a team, sticking to a publishing calendar with tight deadlines, sub-editing practice and overall operations of the media publication.
- Learn how to use WordPress and social media CMS
- This is not a paid role, however, you will have priority access to review passes, events and products.
- We’ll provide you with a stellar reference, and will help you tidy up your resume.
- Gain insights into readership tracking, performance and how to leverage data to improve your content.
- Opportunity to win prizes as ‘writer of the month’
Applicants are required to have their own laptop/desktop computer and internet access.
Three months (ideally 1 day per week, or selected hours per week)
If you’re interested, please send us:
- At least TWO recent examples of your written or published work
- A cover letter outlining your interests and why we should consider you for this role and first available start date.
- A copy of your resume
We’re ready to hire, so if you think you’ve got what it takes, send your portfolio, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Rebecca Magro
- Contact Email: email@example.com