MARKETING / SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Posted 28 Sep 2021
Closes 28 Oct 2021
This is a dynamic and multi-faceted position in a fast-paced hospitality and live music venue group, comprising Laundry Bar, Bad Decisions Bar, and George’s Bar, all located on Johnston Street, Fitzroy. The role of Marketing and Social Media Manager is to run all social media accounts for the three businesses, from planning to execution, alongside additional online and offline marketing channels, as well as additional tasks as needed to support the rest of the team as needed, when needed.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and maintain an ongoing and thorough understanding of the three bars and their respective brand cultures, voices, and values, liaising with both the office staff and venue managers, as well as your own personal ongoing research and insight into digital marketing trends and concepts.
- Manage the social media accounts for the three venues. This will include content planning, creation and scheduling. We have Facebook and Instagram accounts for all three venues, as well as some additional accounts such as TikTok, Twitter etc you are welcome to utilise, likewise you’re welcome to create any new channels you feel are relevant to the goals and growth of any of the brands.
- Manage the greater online presence for all venues. This includes:
- Websites (keeping the content up to date)
- Email Marketing – devise and implement EDMs.
- Google Business listings, including updating trading hours as needed, and uploading new photos on a regular basis.
- Scanning press / media / third party venue listing sites to ensure the representation of our venues remain up to date.
- Assisting with the bookings manager with taking care of our Oztix account for any ticketed events. Creating / updating listings, sending promotional EDMs to the database.
- Liaise with weekend photographers, cull and curate their submissions each week, identify issues if they arise (timeliness / quality / quantity).
- Work closely with our bookings manager to ensure you’re across all gigs and events that are forthcoming for all venues. Ensure artwork and promotional assets are complete and shared with all relevant parties, ensure every event is live online across all social channels, ticketing channels.
- Work closely with the office team and venue managers to ensure you remain up to date, discuss areas that require attention, retargeting or refocus in terms of conversion in ticket sales, patron attendance or behaviour.
- Compose / generate / revise any copy needed for press / media, events, branding statements, applications, internal documentation as required for all three venues.
- Maintain a close eye on trends relevant to all three venues, to assist the team in concepting new ideas for internally managed events, branding, or promotional campaigns.
- Assist the rest of the office with any tasks they may need extra help with. The office team is small. Communication is key.
- Maintain relationships with venue managers and regular event hosts, to assess, review, revise marketing approaches whenever necessary.
- Constantly be brainstorming new ideas to bring to the team, be that branding, campaign ideas, event themes, collaboration ideas.
- Likewise any PR opportunities. Remain across the demographics of all venues, and have the ability to react quickly to any opportunities that may arise to reach them in a
Tertiary responsibilities – GRAPHICS
- Concept, design, create and implement promotional artwork for all internal events, and externally run events as needed.
- Generate menu updates as needed by the venue managers
- Concept, design, create and implement in-house promotional material for all brands. This includes but is not limited to:
- Social media tiles to denote announcements, specials, trading hours etc.
- In-venue signage or decals.
- Creative brand-building content.
- Gif/Video content for projection on the large video screens on both levels at Laundry.
- Branded giphy stickers (for Instagram stories)
- Concept, design, create and implement any additional graphics based tasks that should be needed as directed or requested by the rest of the team.
- Manage the relationship with external printing service for large scale street poster runs, as required.
- Basic photo editing where necessary.
- Branded merch design.
Experience / Knowledge
- The successful applicant must have experience in a similar role for 2+ years.
- You must have a thorough understanding of all three brands and their very different and specific demographics, voices and aesthetics.
- You must be able to work fast, act fast, and multitask.
- You must be excellent at self-management and concurrently, time management.
- Have excellent communication skills, and keep lines open with your teammates, to share and collaborate on ideas, ask for advice, feedback or assistance.
- Have the initiative and awareness to offer and provide assistance to other team members.
- You must be creative, confident, and collaborative, with an eye for design an openness to share / rework / workshop with the rest of the team.
- Excellent copywriting skills, and ability to embody the voice and values of each brand through your words on socials and beyond.
- You must have the ability to keep our brands aesthetics and voices separate from each other, and have the ability to quickly move from one to the other.
- You must be an energetic and enthusiastic team player, believer in our brands and culture, and willing to go above and beyond for them.
- In-depth and thorough knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, including troubleshooting.
- Proficiency across the Adobe suite of creative tools. Photoshop & Illustrator imperative, video and photo editing tools a big plus.
- Solid understanding of print-ready and digital graphic specifications.
- Google suite (gmail / docs / drive / sheets)
- Microsoft Excel + Word / Pages + Numbers on Mac.
- WordPress / Wix (for website management)
- Contact Name: David Barrett
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org