Marketing & Social Media Assistant | Junior/Graduate Role
Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Posted 7 Aug 2018
Closes 6 Sep 2018
We are on the hunt for a Junior Marketing & Social Media Assistant to work under the direction of our Marketing Manager and Brand Director. Do you love creating content? Across all things social? Organised and efficient? Passionate about great design? Have a way with words? Then you might be just what we need…
Hunting for George is an online destination that makes your home awesome. We sell Designer Homewares and Gifts, but we do much more than that. We are storytellers with a unique brand voice and loyal following. We create the ultimate experience for our customers through inspiration, education and engagement.
Leaders in our field, we like to raise the bar every day. We’re looking for passionate, hard-working individuals to join our small team in Richmond to take us next level and raise the bar even higher.
You are a young socially connected marketing enthusiast. Ready to tell the Hunting for George story across all our customer touch points, you understand the importance of an integrated approach to all aspects of marketing. You have completed a Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) or Bachelor of Business (Marketing) Degree. You are either a graduate or have worked for the past 2 years in Marketing. Digital/Social experience is a plus.
- University qualified.
- Ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation.
- You are across all social media platforms and have an understanding of what consumers expect a brand to be on each.
- An analytical thinker, capable of in-depth analysis of multiple data sources and turning that into layman’s reports and charts.
- A basic knowledge of web coding and HTML would be plus.
This is a permanent full time role, based in our Richmond studio.
What you might do in a typical week:
- Check in on new product setup and write unique and relevant product descriptions before a new campaign launch.
- Schedule content across multiple platforms to align our brand stories in an integrated approach across all platforms where our customers engage.
- Draft and test an eDM campaign as supplied by the Design team.
- Schedule and post content on the Blog, Facebook, Instagram.
- Post inspiring stories to instagram daily, you have a great eye for design and style.
- Respond to all customer comments on social and communicate insight with Customer Service.
- Personally email or phone contacts on our media list to follow up on current opportunities to collaborate.
- Field a request from a Stylist to loan product for an upcoming photoshoot and upsell them on other relevant products they might not yet know about.
- Bring feedback and ideas to our weekly team meeting.
This is a permanent full time role based in our Hunting for George Head Office in Richmond, situated close to Richmond Train Station and one block away from Swan Street. You will be joining our small team and working within our dynamic, open plan studio office.
Please prepare a cover letter addressing this job directly, include a current CV with relevant details and answer the two questions below.
- Which Australian Brand do you think is nailing the online shopping experience alongside a fully integrated marketing & storytelling approach? Explain how they achieve this.
- What’s the next big social media platform that brands should be on and which brand do you see who is having meaningful conversations with their audience? Explain what sets them apart.
- Applicants must be able to start in September.
- Applications will only be received via email.
- No recruiters or agencies.
Email [email protected] and include “Marketing & Social Media Assistant” (no quote marks) somewhere in the subject.
Applications Close Friday 17th August.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please make sure you read the job description and requirements for applications, applications without a cover letter addressing the job directly or which do not follow the specific instructions for the advertised job will be ignored.
Visit our website for information: https://www.huntingforgeorge.com/join-our-team/
- Contact Name: Recruitment
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.