Marketing Manager - Engagement and Retention
Posted 26 Feb 2019
Closes 17 Mar 2019
Australian Ethical Investment is Australia’s leading ethical fund manager. We deliver competitive financial performance to our clients and positive change to society and the environment. Since we started in 1986, our Ethical Charter has guided all investment decisions and underpinned our business practices. Ten per cent of our profits are distributed to charitable organisations and social impact initiatives through The Australian Ethical Foundation.
Our mission is to grow the good and deliver sustainable growth. This means that we operate in a way that is conscious of the impact on the world around us while remaining competitive. And people like what we do. We have more than 125,000 followers on social media, in 2017, we were Australia’s fastest growing super fund, and in 2018 have more than $2.6 billion in funds under management and more than 45,000 members and investors. We are a certified B Corp who is recognised as one of the ‘Best in the World companies of 2018’ by B Lab.
We have a collaborative and inspiring culture. Our people are purpose driven and have a strong connection to who we are and what we do.
Working within the Customer Team you’ll be responsible for driving customer retention and engagement strategy through campaigns that connect members with their money including rollover and contribution campaigns. You will also be responsible for marketing communications for the B2B channel, and continuous improvement of the customer life-cycle to drive the customer experience and satisfaction.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, strategic, data-driven and analytical. We are a small team of 65 employees so you will need to be hands-on, driven and able to take initiative. This role reports to the Head of Marketing and has a direct report who manages our customer and product communications.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Salesforce and have experience managing people. You will work closely with key contacts at our creative agency and external administrator so must have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
Your responsibilities and what you’ll be doing
Strategy, campaigns and communications
- Develop segmentation and propensity model campaigns to deepen understanding of customer needs and deliver best in class engagement campaigns with the focus of customer satisfaction, retention, member growth and advocacy
- Manage the customer on-boarding journey and regular member engagement campaigns to create a seamless experience
- Manage and refine the referral program strategy to further drive growth and advocacy from our customer
- Transition members to our future state customer journey to drive customer satisfaction, measured through net promoter score (NPS)
- Manage the delivery of product and mandatory communications to members, including but not limited to statements, significant event notices etc.
- Manage and write the engagement communications (e-newsletters, solus emails, competitions)
- Be a brand ambassador and ensure the customer experience is consistent across all touch points
- Identify and implement new opportunities for process improvement
Data and analytics
- Analyse member base, behaviour modelling, and campaign results to deepen our relationship with customers through further growth and product penetration
- Manage regular reporting and post implementation campaign reviews to understand the key learnings to take forward
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate
- Data-driven, analytical and a problem solver
- Proactive, hands-on and ability to work in a small team environment
- Can-do and curious attitude
- Interpersonal skills with ability to foster good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of customer design principles and journey mapping
- Ability to analyse member data, member experience and ability to recommend and implement enhancements where applicable
- Active interest in purpose-driven businesses with a social or environmental impact
- Strong alignment with our organisational values of Wisdom, Authenticity, Action and Empathy
Experience & qualifications
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in B2C customer-centric marketing environments
- Experience in wealth management and/or financial service industry
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management tools (CRMs) and Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience in people management with ability to coach and develop team members
- Degree in Marketing and/or related field
Highly regarded but not essential:
- Finance related qualifications/certificates (RG146 compliance)
- Experience working in wealth management products and services (i.e. superannuation or managed funds)
- Experience in the B2B channel, particularly financial planning
- Understanding of agile project management
- Events management experience
- Our recently refurbished office is close to Pitt Street Mall and transport and is a well-lit, green work space, full of plants, with re-purposed furniture, recycled materials, living green wall and bamboo sit-to-stand desks
- We have a well-being program which includes healthy, organic snacks each week, meditation, massages, Friday night drinks, group sports and a table tennis table which lifts the heart-rate and encourages much inter-team friendly rivalry
- Purpose aligned volunteer days annually
We are passionate about what we do! Take a look at our video to see what we’re all about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_fuQE9PoEQ
To apply, email us your CV and cover letter with what attracts you to our company and what you can bring to the role to Claire Reid at [email protected] by 17th March 2019.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Contact Name: Claire Reid
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.