Marketing Manager - Content and Partnerships
Posted 15 Jan 2020
Closes 14 Feb 2020
Due to rapid expansion and multiple artist and label signings, a brand-new role has been created in the marketing department at BMG Australia and New Zealand. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to develop a career at the fastest growing music company in history; BMG.
Marketing Manager- Content and Partnerships role will be based in BMG Australia’s newly renovated, state-of-the-art Surry Hills warehouse conversion boasting 2 production rooms and a full-service recording studio. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with BMG’s recorded music clients including Dope Lemon, Hockey Dad, Chief Keef, At The Drive-In, Dune Rats, The Pixies and many more local and international artists.
Role and responsibilities
- Create, collaborate, manage and oversee; all artist marketing plans, budgets, content creation, asset delivery and marketing activities
- Taking a hands-on approach to artist social media management, including structuring and creating social media campaigns with artists and artist management
- Utilising wider opportunities and tools to maximise artist visibility or style online, including influencer campaigns, media partnerships and marketing opportunities
- Creating, maintaining and managing online advertising campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Google Adwords and other platforms in line with BMG’s in-house strategy. Additionally, managing BMG’s third-party digital agency relationship
- Building strong relationships with artist managers and artists directly to provide knowledge, resource and advice on campaign marketing
- Manage third party PR companies, liaising with international teams and artist managers to set up artist interviews and phoners.
- Build and maintain relationships with external clients, stakeholders and overseas teams
- Management of supplier invoices, POs and overseeing artist budgets in conjunction with other departments
- Manage the production of marketing material and collateral
- Attend concerts, live events and shows as required
- Participate in out of hours conference calls as required
- Strong passion in music, the music industry and music consumption
- Experience in Marketing and Social Media campaigns
- Photoshop and video editing skills highly regarded
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and manage time efficiently in a very busy department
- Able to build effective and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally
- Conscientious, creative, curious with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong Communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills
- Ability to think creatively and work autonomously
Video resumes prioritised, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response.