Marketing Executive @ The Sheaf Hotel
Posted 20 Aug 2019
Closes 19 Sep 2019
The Sheaf Hotel
An iconic entertainment venue set in the heart of Sydney’s stunning Eastern Suburbs, The Golden Sheaf is a nightlife institution.
Serving as a magnet for generations of party-goers, Double Bay’s premier drinking, dining, pet-friendly, sport and late-night party destination is steeped in history, our leafy oasis always providing the perfect escape from city life.
We currently have a 6-month maternity leave contract (opportunity to extend or go permanent at the end) for a skilled Marketing Executive who lives and breathes food, beverage & entertainment!
The purpose of this position is to drive business and sales growth by working closely with the venue’s management team to coordinate and implement marketing activities. The role is responsible for taking a balanced approach of creative vision and business acumen to develop marketing strategies that impact on business growth, visibility, reputation, and relevance.
Based in the venue, you will have full ownership of all things marketing related as well as the support from the wider Solotel Marketing Department.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing annual marketing plans for each venue that delivers key business objectives;
- Work closely with senior management and the venue team to create programs that drive awareness and bring strong revenue results for your venues;
- Build dynamic area partnerships to grow awareness for the brand;
- Track and keep abreast of market trends, social sentiment, what’s going on in culture;
- Monitor competitor activity on a regular basis, local and abroad by being active in market;
- Manage all social media including Instagram and Facebook pages;
- Reports on customer habits and behaviour in venue;
- Monitors ambience and vibe in venue;
- Face of the brand experience;
- Tracks and monitors daily numbers;
- Proactively visit/ work from within venues to develop an understanding of the local landscape, consumer base and day-to-day operations.
What are we looking for?
- Able to start mid-September.
- A background in Hospitality (or a similar customer-facing industry) is essential.
- Experience in creating campaigns and executing.
- Good creative eye for email and digital communications.
- Copywriting and Indesign experience will be highly regarded.
- Strong analytical skills, with a general comfort with data analysis and a sophisticated understanding of how key business drivers, sector and trends, and the competitive landscape impact marketing strategy and plans.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a persuasive communicator and team leader who can positively and productively influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as a strategic thinker.
- A passion for food and beverage.
- Demonstrated willingness to “roll up your sleeves” too – as it is hospo after all!!!
If this sounds like you, write and tell us why!
- Contact Name: Jahnavi Hall
- Contact Email: [email protected]