Marketing Content Creator
Posted 23 Feb 2021
Closes 25 Mar 2021
We’re on the lookout for our very first marketing content creator to join our Marketing team.
Every company says it, but Yarno’s a pretty great place to work. Our team is on the constant pursuit of learning, growth and self-development. We push each other to take on new challenges, we give each other feedback courageously and constructively, and we simply just enjoy each other’s company.
What is Yarno, though?
We’re a remote learning platform, that helps medium to large businesses quickly upskill staff who work remotely. We work with leading brands such as Woolworths, TAL Insurance, Nestle Professional and Super Retail Group (Supercheap Auto, Rebel, BCF and Macpac). And we’re shortlisted for the 2021 Megatrans Event Best Technology Application Award.
Our vision is to create fast and smart “hyperlearning” organisations. These are organisations who can adapt and thrive in changing circumstances, just like the ones we’ve all experienced over the past year. They see learning as a valuable way to respond to change, support their people and help them grow.
And how do we do that?
With a web app, of course! Yarno is mobile based learning software for the modern worker – people that don’t have the time for days-long seminars, or to click through elearning modules. Who want learning that fits into their schedule as a simple, enjoyable and valuable part of their day – in the form of a 5 minute daily quiz.
But Yarno isn’t just an app – we provide full learning consultancy for our customers by developing content and strategy that encourages meaningful change and embeds their learning material.
So, who are we looking for to join the team?
The short answer:
Someone who knows how to craft a story for an audience, with the aim of creating interest and building trust.
The longer answer:
Someone who is personable, friendly, enthusiastic and approachable. A person who LOVES writing, crafting a story, and who can grow with Yarno as we further build our presence in our core target market.
We hear so often from our customers that what they love most about working with us is how refreshing, and how easy it is to work with a group of people who are genuine, reliable, and want nothing but to see positive change in their businesses – and that we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
We also require you to like any or all of the following:
The Simpsons (Seasons 1- 10)
Rick & Morty
(Well, it’s not a strict requirement, but it is looked upon favourably)
Some details about the role:
The core mission of the marketing content creator is to tell the Yarno story to our target audience with the aim of creating quality leads. We think Seth Godin explains it best when he says that marketing is the generous act of helping someone solve a problem. We see sales and marketing as all part of the one team, working towards a common goal to generate quality leads that result in delighted long term customers.
In fact, our Yarno 2024 goal is to reach 100,000 learners — or roughly five times our current learner base. Aspirational much?! Well the good news is we’ve almost got the right people on the team to achieve it, we’re just missing one — you!
The marketing content creator will be an integral part of the Yarno marketing team. You will spend most of your time writing quality and relevant pieces that are regularly distributed via LinkedIn (our primary marketing channel), Yarno’s marketing site, the Yarno blog and The Yarn, our monthly newsletter, to our target customers, aligning with the marketing strategy. You’ll also contribute to our marketing content calendar, coming up with ideas and executing them through to publication. Video is becoming a successful medium for us (particularly on LinkedIn) so you’ll be working with our video content too.
You’ll have great time management, delivering work on time, to an agreed schedule. We love processes at Yarno, so you’ll be comfortable following these. We use Asana, the work management tool to track our projects. You will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, as well as the MD, Head of Sales and Head of Learning, and you’ll be confident in seeking feedback on your work from fellow Yarnoers. Specifically, we want you to be comfortable chasing up and pushing back on Yarnoers who are more senior to you!
You may have worked out by now that we love content! So you’ll also support Holly, our Digital Marketing Manager, to repurpose content such as videos, podcasts and blog posts. You’ll need to do some basic image creation and resizing to accompany content pieces, and some basic video editing. We have tools available to assist you, such as Sketch, Pixelmator and iMovie. You’ll also need to brief Bruno, our Yarno illustrator, to create custom images for your content pieces.
Now, onto some specifics…
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is super organised and autonomous,
- Is a fantastic communicator both written and verbal,
- Has a keen eye for design,
- Great attention to detail,
- Is enthusiastic and loves to do great work,
- Is happy working anywhere – at home, a cafe, a coworking space etc (we work fully remotely!),
- Is comfortable giving and receiving feedback,
- Is at ease engaging a group and leading conversations,
- Is confident running meetings, usually virtually on Zoom or on the phone,
- Is great at explaining detailed information in a simple way,
- Is committed to digging in with team mates and our target audience to understand their needs and how they define value,
- Has a LIT meme/gif game,
- Can quote The Office/Simpsons/Ali G etc,
- And is most of all – dependable.
Experience you say…
Hopefully you’re nodding as you read through these:
- Experience writing short and long-form articles (a bonus if in the B2B space),
- Experience producing work to an agreed calendar of content,
- Experience delivering projects and work to an agreed time and budget,
- Experience producing work for a variety of channels (LinkedIn, email, industry publications, events etc),
- Experience adhering to brand and tone of voice guidelines,
- Experience with video scripting, editing and shooting is something we’d be stoked about,
- Ability to edit visual marketing collateral as required (Photoshop or Pixelmator is a plus),
- Experience with tools such as Campaign Monitor, Google Analytics, Asana, Slack (don’t worry if you don’t have all of these, we are a learning company after all!),
- Experience reporting on content performance to see what resonates with the target audience,
- Experience working in a business of between 5 – 50 people.
Some other things that might entice you:
- We’re currently working fully remotely, with no immediate plans to return to an office. Pre-COVID we all worked from home a few days a week, so it hasn’t been a significant change for us. Though we do regularly catch up in person for strategy sessions, team deep dives, and special occasions like Yarno’s birthday and Christmas.
- We regularly run team lunch and learns and workshops on how to give and receive feedback, address customer concerns and resolve conflict.
- We love to share learning – we use our own software to learn and refresh knowledge, run regular pechakuchas and lunch and learns, share new books we’ve read, and skills we’ve mastered.
- We share team lunches and do other fun things like eat Korean fried chicken (or tofu, if that’s your jam) and go to karaoke, to celebrate occasions and Yarno milestones.
- We celebrate business wins as a team – we’ve played lawn bowls, gone indoor rock-climbing, and successfully escaped from an escape room.
- We’re experimenting with self-managed teams, which means a flat hierarchy and giving Yarnoers autonomy and ownership over how they spend their time and the decisions they make. All business financials are shared for context.
- We offer two Doona days a year – these are for days when you’re mentally just not feeling it and would prefer to stay under the doona. No questions asked.
Think you’ve got what we’re looking for?!
If reading about this position has you dancing in your chair or scribbling down quotes from The Office to include in your application, get in touch! We’re excited to hear from you.
The salary range for this role is up to $60k + super.
Oh, and of course, Yarno supports workplace diversity and we don’t discriminate on the basis of anything about anyone. Like your race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Everything that makes you you is important to us, and we care about who you are – your background, your personality, your heart and your work.
- Contact Name: Holly Eggers
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org