Posted 16 May 2019
Closes 15 Jun 2019
ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
- To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
- To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Associate offers senior marketing support in the development and delivery of innovative campaigns across the Marketing Campaign team. The Marketing Campaign team focuses on the delivery of ticket and revenue targets, audience targets, and building brand equity for Sydney Opera House.
This position supports the development and management of marketing campaigns that will achieve significant ticket and revenue targets, resonating with target audiences across Sydney, NSW and Australia. This may include holistically developing and executing small to medium campaigns, supporting the successful delivery of major campaign efforts, leading key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and managing SOH owned channels.
More detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the key accountabilities section.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Marketing, Arts Management, Communication, or Commerce Tertiary qualifications
- A minimum 3 – 4 years professional experience, preferably in the entertainment/performing arts industries
- A broad passion for the performing arts, including talks & ideas, and programming for young audiences.
- Proven track record of success in working across developing and implementing marketing campaigns with a high degree of customer focus
- Excellent communication (written and oral), copywriting, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills with a strong ability to inspire collaboration with other teams
- Digitally savvy with the capacity to quickly master new platforms, with an advanced understanding of digital marketing.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- In this role, you will manage mid-weight SOHP campaigns. Please give us an example of how you have successfully led a marketing campaign to target. What was your approach? What was the outcome? What would you do differently?
- In this role, you will manage a multitude of internal and external stakeholders. How do you manage a difficult stakeholder? Please provide an example.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Ongoing, Full-time
Position No: SOH1445
Salary: Base salary of $68,078 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contributions.
Applications Close: Monday, 27 May 2019
Enquiries: Lisa Montgomery, [email protected]
- Contact Name: Lisa Montgomery
- Contact Email: [email protected]