Posted 9 Jul 2019
Closes 8 Aug 2019
Led by its charismatic Artistic Director, Richard Tognetti AO, the Australian Chamber Orchestra is Australia’s most dynamic performing arts organisation. Renowned world-wide for its inspired and courageous programming and unrivalled virtuosity, the ACO collaborates with an extraordinary range of artists including the world’s leading soloists, cinematographers, visual artists and contemporary musicians and entertainers.
This is an exciting time for the ACO. Following a brand refresh in 2017 and the launch of a new website in 2019, we are building on our success, reinventing our global brand and looking for bold new ways to grow audiences and amplify the Orchestra’s national and international reputation. You will join a high performing, ambitious and creative team.
Purpose of the Role
The Lead Creative is a passionate and strategic artist who enjoys using design, photography and film to inspire, inform and communicate. You’ll work across all areas of the business and play a crucial role in bringing the mastery and transformative powers of the ACO to life outside the concert hall.
As the ACO’s brand guardian, you’ll tell the ACO story through engaging and innovative visuals that are always of the highest quality. You’ll work with creative partners and stakeholders and be responsible for creative direction, development and outcomes. The Lead Creative will ensure the ACO remains distinctive, and effectively communicate the Orchestra’s brand values and personality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Market Development to showcase the ACO brand and nurture new and existing audiences through innovative design that is distinctively ‘ACO’
- Produce professional, high quality, efficient, cost effective and customer focused visual communications across numerous formats including print (brochures, printed concert programs, direct mail), digital, OOH, invitations, event concepts, ticket collateral, corporate stationery and presentations
- Work with the Director of Market Development and ACO Brand Agency on the annual season identity including the guardianship and growth of the ACO’s brand identity
- Tell the ACO story through rehearsal, behind the scenes and performance photography, creating engaging content for ACO social channels
- Film short/long form video content that showcases our musicians and captures the unique essence of an ACO concert experience
- Curate and manage content for the ACO’s Instagram channel, working closely with the Marketing team to integrate with broader content strategy
- Create campaign artwork for ACO National Tours and roll out creative across online and offline channels
- Provide counsel to all stakeholders on the use of the ACO’s brand
- Maintain the ACO’s image library, guiding staff on image usage and assisting in briefing external creatives including photographers and videographers
- With the Director of Marketing, actively coordinate and manage creative project workflow, ensuring project delivery within agreed timings and budget, and respond to organisational requirements with exceptional relationship management and communication skills
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team and contribute innovative content and campaign ideas, proactively identifying challenges and opportunities – focusing on effective solutions
- The Lead Creative works most closely with the Marketing team, and across all areas of the business including the Musicians, Artistic, Partnerships, Philanthropy and Education teams
- External creatives such as the ACO’s Brand Agency, external photographers and filmmakers
- Management of printers and production suppliers
Experience & Criteria
- A creative all-rounder with expertise across graphic design, photography and film
- Minimum five years’ experience working in Design, preferably including brand experience as a senior creative / graphic designer within an in-house Marketing team
- Proficient in graphic design software applications: Adobe Create Suite InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience using editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro
- Ability to work well under pressure and produce quality work with a quick turnaround
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own workflow
- A passion for beautiful and distinctive art and design, keeping up to date with the latest technology and trends
- An open, collaborative and can-do work ethic and ability to build rapport naturally with colleagues and various stakeholders
Applications close Friday 2nd August.