Junior Video Editor
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 12 Oct 2018
Closes 31 Oct 2018
SOH Creative is the in-house creative studio of the Sydney Opera House. We’re a small but ambitious team who take great pride in delivering innovative work for one of the most iconic cultural venues in the world.
We are currently on the hunt for a Junior Video Editor / Content Producer who will be responsible for supporting the in-house creative studio with video editing and content production for SOH social and digital channels as well as on site promotional screens.
This is an excellent role where you will be given the chance to develop as a video editor in a fast paced and creative environment. Whilst initially a part-time (3 days per week) role on a 6 month contract there is the potential for this role to be on-going and full-time for the right candidate.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
- Responsible for the creation of the brands short-form video and content requirements in consultation with your manager
- Ability to follow instructions and take ownership of projects from inception to completion, including the creation, recommendation and implementation of creative solutions in accordance to agreed strategies and briefs
- Contribute to wider SOH video content strategy under the guidance of their manager
- Implement templates for online and social content
- Collaborate and take direction while actioning feedback on projects
- Understanding of codec and format requirements for different online platforms (Facebook, YouTube,Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Passionate and pro-active self-starter
- Highly creative and colourful approach to video editing and content production
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of narrative and pace in editing
- Knowledge and appreciation of graphic design and importance of brand guidelines
- Attention to detail and file management of assets
- Editing knowledge and skills within Premiere
- Knowledge of after effects
- Knowledge of sound or an appreciation of its importance
- Animation/typographic skills
- Understanding of audio mixing and mastering
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- Working alongside the Creative Team you will be responsible for delivering creative solutions that meets key objectives and outcomes outlined in the initial brief. Please explain (using examples) how you have achieved this in the past?
- One of our biggest challenges is the dynamic and fast paced nature environment in which we work. Please explain how you balance creativity with time management?
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
Job Status: Part Time (3 days/week), Temporary (6 months)
Position No: SOH1346
Salary: Base full time equivalent salary of $46,702 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Applications Close: 31/10/2018
Enquiries: Kirsty Garlick, [email protected]
- Contact Name: Kirsty Garlick
- Contact Email: [email protected]