Junior Video Assistant (Part-time)
Posted 11 Sep 2019
Closes 30 Sep 2019
Wanted: Junior Video Assistant
Do you have a passion for creating video content and want to work in an industry that allows you to produce engaging video for popular food, fashion and lifestyle brands across Australia?
Your dream job has arrived.
Milkbar Digital is looking for a Part Time Junior Video Assistant, to help us make killer video content that makes people like, shop, hungry and happy.
We are looking for an energetic and switched-on content creator who understands the nuances of social media marketing. Whilst initially part time, this role will scale based on business needs with the view to eventually become full time.
You will join a small team of passionate social marketers in a fun, fast-paced environment with the role available for an immediate start.
Previous work or interning experience or personal hobby blogging/socials, will be extremely advantageous. We love to help nurture and train you, but you’ll already come equipped with key skills and a natural knack for filming, editing, branding and design.
This role is ideal for someone still studying who wants to begin their career in video, or for someone who has recently graduated.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Filming – You’ll be in the Milkbar studio or out on location, and confident handling a variety of camera equipment including Canon and Black Magic. We do a lot of ‘run and gun’ so you’ll need to be agile, a fast learner and adaptable.
- Editing – You know your way around Premiere Pro, After Effects and other editing software and are confident editing to various brand styles, tones and specs.
- Lighting & Audio – You’re excited about the ‘setup’ of the shot, and are prepared to learn techniques for audio and lighting.
- Design – You’ll be required to add flourishes of design and basic animation to the video content you’re creating.
- Client management – You’ll often be responsible for client briefs, being able to digest and respond to brief, ask the right questions and communicate in a professional, organised and friendly manner.
- Creative campaign brainstorming – You’ll always be paying attention to what other brands are doing in the market, and be a creative thinker who can come up with exciting and fresh marketing campaign ideas – video and beyond!
Key attributes include:
- Previous video creation experience (whether it be interning, personal or work experience)
- High attention to detail
- Incredible time management skills & ability to work to quick deadlines – we love making lists at Milkbar!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional at all times
- Genuine passion for digital and social media marketing
- Love of all the latest pop culture trends – you binge watch Netflix and YouTube, know who’s touring right now, who the latest influencers to watch are, and love a clever marketing campaign
- Good eye for design, branding and aesthetics
- Friendly and easy going
Milkbar Digital is a boutique digital content and social media marketing agency in Prahran. We have a relaxed, fun office culture (dog included), and work with a number of exciting brands across the fashion, food and lifestyle spaces.
Working at Milkbar offers a lot of exciting rewards for its employees – not only are we a tight knit team with lots of fun activities, but we also have a fantastic professional development program, lots of in-house workshops and opportunities to learn. We also have a lot of snacks. Like a lot.
To apply, submit your resume or portfolio, plus a cover letter to Sam Sidney at [email protected]
Do include any previous examples of video content you’ve created, whether for study or professionally.
Please also include links to your own personal online platforms such as blogs or social media handles, if applicable.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted. If you’re keen, get in early – we reserve the right to close off applications early, should we find the right candidate!