Junior/ Mid-Weight Graphic Designer & Sample Room attendant
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 4 May 2021
Closes 3 Jun 2021
Have you been looking for a role with a leading Australian label? Are you creative, quirky and driven with an amazing eye for detail and a love for kids fashion? We are looking for a Junior/Mid Graphic Designer and Sample Room Assistant and we need someone with a bunch of passion who is ready to jump in headfirst and take ownership of this vital role! This role would suit someone with fashion experience, or who has recently graduated as we are willing to provide training for the most suitable candidate.
About the Brand
The brand is defined by a fun, edgy pop aesthetic that draws on the style and energy of rock and roll and the iconic imagery of our time. Rock Your Baby has been a shining star in the kids’ fashion firmament size 2004. We pride ourselves on being genuine leaders in kid’s fashion – a brand that inspires passionate devotion from our thousands of loyal fans. As the company continues to grow we have exciting projects on the horizon we are looking for a confident and passionate designer who is ready for their next challenge!
About the Position
The role is primarily to support the Senior Designer.
The role includes following direction from our Senior designer to complete:
· Creating digital garment drawings and technical sketches
· Contribute to the development of seasonal range boards and marketing look books and collateral
· Technical sketching (CAD) creating garment specifications and tech packs.
· Working on tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
· Print and Pattern development in Photoshop and Illustrator
· Take ownership of all seasonal samples in the office, including unpacking, hanging, labelling, steaming, sending for flat lay and to influencers, packing away at end of season and showing new samples to the Head of Design
· Organising and steaming samples for photoshoots, printing style boards and assisting photographer on shoots
· Filing and storing all fabric swatches, tulle and trims and keeping the sample room tidy.
· Maintaining flat lay imagery, product descriptions and image uploads to retailers and licensers
· We are a fun, easy-going team with a focus on creating a positive company culture and enjoy the work that we do! We are looking for the right fit for the team. If you tick the boxes we are more than happy to provide the fashion specific training needed to be able to do the above tasks. This role is based in St Peters Sydney.
· Must be confident using Illustrator and Photoshop and InDesign
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of fashion design an advantage
· Advanced technical knowledge of garment construction an advantage
· Sound knowledge of product development, and production processes an advantage
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
· Able to work in a fast-paced team environment
· Eager to learn with a can-do attitude, the ability to multi-task and take initiative.
Only suitable candidates will be considered. Salary dependant on experience
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!
Send your Portfolio + CV
- Contact Name: Ayriel Kopu
- Contact Email: email@example.com