Junior Garment Technician
Posted 16 May 2019
Closes 15 Jun 2019
ZIMMERMANN is one of Australia’s leading and most respected fashion designer brands. Zimmermann’s ready-to-wear and swim and resort collections are sold through Zimmermann boutiques and high-end retailers, both in Australia and internationally. We maintain stand-alone retail stores throughout Australia, online, and internationally including New York, Los Angeles, Miami and London.
ZIMMERMANN also upholds a well-established wholesale business internationally with an enviable list of major stockists including Net-a-Porter, Barneys, Saks Fifth Avenue, Selfridges, Harrods, Le Bon Marche, to name some.
Based in Rosebery, we are currently seeking a Junior Garment Technician to join our Design Team. The purpose of the position will be to support the pattern makers with style set up and admin based tasks. You will enjoy a focused environment where the company strives for success through innovative design and best business practices. The role has the potential to grow into a Junior Patternmaker or Garment Technician position.
The successful candidate’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately and efficiently setting up styles in AP-21 for the pattern makers to cross-check and add yields
- Set up yields for all components for Pattern Makers to cross-check before adding to the Bill of Materials.
- Help Design Assistants with technical drawings for the Pattern Makers, and where required assist in organising complete SMS packs.
- Liaise and communicate with Design Room Managers, Production Managers & Pattern makers on a daily basis.
- Measure Proto samples, SMS and PPS to specification from in house studio and off-shore factories.
- Generate markers where required for 1st sample and multiple sample cutting on completion of patterns by Pattern Makers.
- General assistance with all Pattern Maker tasks.
To be successful, you will have an energetic nature, be exceptionally organized and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Completed a tertiary fashion course.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar business based in a pattern room or team of garment technicians using the Lectra or Gerber software.
- Able to combine creative and technical skills.
- Good at building and developing strong relationships with a multitude of personnel.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Be exceptionally well organized.
- Computer skilled, particularly in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lectra and/or Gerber.
This is a great opportunity for motivated applicants looking to make their first step into a career in pattern making.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Contact Name: Georgie Gray
- Contact Email: [email protected]