Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 9 Nov 2018
Closes 9 Dec 2018
Let’s talk about HOYTS
As the market leaders of the entertainment industry in Australia and New Zealand, HOYTS is on a mission to invent the cinema of the future. At the heart of entertaining our guests is our bespoke and engaging graphic design content.
Here’s the run down:
At HOYTS, we’re a hard-working team that strives for excellence in everything we do. We know that our people are our greatest asset, which is why we want everyone to be the best they can be and have a great time doing it.
Located at our Head Office in Sydney’s CBD, we’re now on the lookout for a Junior Designer to join our in-house studio. You will be creative, energetic and hardworking. You’ll also be passionate about pursuing a career in design.
Reporting to the Design Team Leader, this role will assist in rolling out designs for cross platform experiences across our business in both B2B and B2C campaigns. You’ll get to work in a fun, fast paced and highly tactical team that is constantly evolving. Other key responsibilities include:
- Bringing the HOYTS brand to life through artwork and graphic content
- Executing print and online campaigns, ensuring a high standard of work
- Providing support to the wider business, assisting in the development of creative campaign ideas, concepts and mock-ups
- Turning briefs into strong and clear designs while maintaining brand identity and style guides
- Developing knowledge in print design including pre-press, layout and typography
- Repurposing concepts created by other designers within the team
- Proactively contribute to weekly brainstorming sessions with the team
- Maintaining design filing system on server
Who we are looking for:
It goes without saying you’ll be a top performance and a creative thinker. You are highly motivated and have a can-do attitude. We’re also looking for someone with:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a design studio or agency environment
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and any additional software required to prepare assets that are memorable and eye-catching for the company’s brand
- Demonstrable creative and design skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, using time management skills
- Strongly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed communication, time-management and organisation skills
- Fun and easy-going individual with a can-do attitude
Benefits & Culture:
Besides the incredible social events and networking opportunities, people love working at HOYTS because it’s fun and lively with an unbeatable culture. Most importantly you’ll be part of a hardworking and supportive team who give a damn about what they do! If you’re not already sold, you’ll also receive 50c movie tickets and more amazing perks!
Think you’re up for it:
If you would like to join a cohesive and creative team who are passionate about what they do and have a whole lot of fun along the way, then apply now! Recruitment for this role will commence immediately.
While we take a look at your application, get to know us through our various social media channels.