Junior Design Assistant
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 12 Feb 2019
Closes 14 Mar 2019
Since 1994, Between the Flags has been designing classic beach and lifestyle apparel to honour and uphold the spirit of Australia’s surf culture. We are one of Australia’s leading tourist apparel outfitters, based in Sydney.
You will have a unique opportunity to work on a variety of projects across multiple platforms and brands under the guidance and support of the lead Graphic Designer.
We are looking for a full time, in-house talented and creative Junior Design Assistant and office all-rounder to join our small team in Pyrmont. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a recent graduate or on an entry level with a passion for Graphic Design, looking to develop and refine their design skills.
This is a 12 month contract, with the opportunity to continue further employment.
- A diploma or degree in Graphic Design or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong skills in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms such as BigCommerce, Squarespace and WordPress advantageous
- Photography and video editing capabilities highly regarded
- Hand lettering and illustration skills a bonus
- Must display original thinking and creativity through resourcefulness, suggestions and problem solving
- Ability to take direction from the Senior Designer and Production Manager
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to interpret a brief, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eye for detail and a can-do attitude
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Junior Design Assistant your key duties include, but are not limited to;
- Support the lead graphic designer in the design, production and deployment of print and digital collateral (packaging, flyers, promotions, in-store signage, presentations, eDM’s, banners and social media)
- Research local and international design trends
- Assist in the development of new product prints and illustrations
- Website product updates
- Flat lay and deep etch products for website
- Assist in the planning and execution of product and lifestyle photoshoots
- General reception and office duties
Please email your CV, portfolio (or link to portfolio) and cover letter to [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you.
Salary $40,000-$45,000 +Super (Depending on experience)
No agencies please.
Due to the high volume of interest in the role, we unfortunately will not always able to respond to all applications. Only candidates identified as successful will be contacted for an interview.
- Contact Name: Robyn
- Contact Email: [email protected]