Job Advertisement - Digital Communications & Social Media Intern
Posted 8 Feb 2017
Closes 3 Mar 2017
We’re on the hunt for a talented Digital Communications & Social Media Intern to join our team and gain valuable work experience at an award-winning online magazine. The role is perfect for someone looking to kickstart a career in media, publishing, journalism, PR or marketing. Not only do we offer great first-hand experience in digital publishing, there’s plenty of other perks like product freebies, attendance at exclusive events and the potential for travel.
About Man of Many – manofmany.com
Based in Darlinghurst, Sydney, Man of Many is one of Australia’s leading online men’s lifestyle publishers, committed to helping guys discover the latest in products, culture and style. We create informative, entertaining and engaging stories that excite and inspire, our large audience of tastemakers, knowledge-seekers and lovers of all things cool. We deliver premium content daily via our website and social media channels.
- 3 month Unpaid Internship
- 2-3 days a week
- 9am – 5pm
Your Role Involves
- WordPress management – which includes uploading and scheduling content.
- Assisting with sub-editing of blog posts.
- Basic photo editing (image resizing, cropping etc.)
- Copywriting blog post articles.
- General admin, emails, and word processing.
- Social media posting and scheduling.
- Basic product photography for Instagram.
- Communication with external brand, PR and marketing representatives.
- This role is suited to a recent graduate or current student with a background in communications, journalism, marketing, design or similar.
- Interest in male-focused lifestyle categories such as tech, fashion, home, entertainment and motoring.
- Passion for the written word is essential. Must be able to write quickly, correctly and creatively.
- Strong editing skills and proper understanding of grammar and punctuation.
- Understanding of social media.
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative flair, attention to detail and an eye for style and design.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Design, photography and videography skills are a bonus, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus, but not essential.
What You’ll Get
- A letter of reference upon completion of internship.
- First hand experience in the rapidly growing field of new media and digital publishing.
- Experience using WordPress CMS.
- Invitation to attend exclusive events.
- Product review samples and gifts from brands.
- This is an unpaid internship however, expenses incurred while working such as taxi’s and out of pocket expenses will be covered.
- Successful applicant will provided with computer equipment to use throughout the duration of the the internship.
- Contact Name: Frank
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.