Intern Writer (Digital Media)
Posted 15 Jul 2020
Closes 14 Aug 2020
Man of Many is one of Australia’s leading digital men’s lifestyle publications, covering the latest in products, culture and style. We’re a small, tight-knit team of creative-minded, gear enthusiasts with a passion for design and innovation, and are dedicated to creating premium content for our engaged audience.
We’re currently on the hunt for a talented Intern Writer (unpaid) to join us 2 days per week for 3 months to gain real-world experience at an exciting organisation at the forefront of Australia’s digital media landscape.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Digital Editor and be across tasks such as:
- Editorial research, planning and reporting.
- Identifying fresh, on-brand content ideas and opportunities.
- Writing feature articles, news, pop culture stories and social copy.
- Interaction with the sales team to deliver creative concepts for native content campaigns.
The candidate we’re looking for has:
- A knack for the written word and proven experience in editorial writing.
- Great people skills and is an excellent communicator.
- Natural collaboration qualities and is always keen to listen and learn.
- The flexibility and skill to efficiently juggle and transverse many tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- A passion and up-to-date knowledge of the latest men’s lifestyle products, trends and pop culture.
- A strong grasp of the Australian digital media landscape.
- A positive attitude that aligns with our tight-knit, supportive team culture.
- An creative thinker who’s not afraid to bring ideas to the table.
Man of Many is offering the Intern Writer the opportunity to:
- Work closely with our Editor to gain practical experience and real-world knowledge in digital media and editorial writing.
- Build on their professional writing and editorial experience, and add to their portfolio.
- Learn about digital media content strategy including editorial, SEO, ad targeting and more.
- Sharpen their know-how in social media growth and engagement strategy.
- Get an insight into what it’s like to a fast-growing media start-up.
- Get a foot-in-the-door of one of Australia’s top digital lifestyle publications.