Posted 12 Jul 2018
Closes 11 Aug 2018
Do you want to put your storytelling skills to the test? Wanna create content that dominates the social media airwaves?
Social Garden is looking for a super keen writer interested in learning all about the world of content marketing, social media and SEO. We’re also excited to introduce them to real skills, with access to clients and goal-setting for their time with us!
Social Garden is a haven for driven, ambitious performers who want to collaborate with designers and writers across our digital content team. With a focus on higher education and property markets, they’ll receive niche experience to give you an edge post-internship.
Welcome to the Sprout Program
Sprouts are immersed in all day-to-day functions of the digital content team. Across various content disciplines, interns learn multiple areas of the business.
In the world of SEO, sprouts get a handle of:
- On- and off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
- SEO audits
- Google Analytics and reporting
To fine-tune their writing skills, they also get a whirlwind tour of conversion rate optimisation, landing page copywriting and advertising copywriting.
Social media is a key part of the business, and we offer an overview of everything about community management. More than just Facebook likes, we give an insight into:
- Social media strategy, moderation and analytics
- Audience creation and targeting
With so much to learn, you’ll be able to put your new skills to the test with a supportive team behind you. Our in-house marketing efforts will show you just how multi-channel and content distribution strategies work, preparing you to confidently make your mark in industry.
Why Social Garden?
Social Garden is committed to delivering a valuable learning experience that can jumpstart future careers, either with us or elsewhere in marketing. Interns can expect to have a well-rounded and focused position over three months, with specific opportunities that include:
- Potential career springboard: bring your A game and you might be offered a full-time position
- Executive support: our team is here to mentor you and develop your creative skills, from the most senior people in the company
- Collaborate with talent: we nurture creative freedom and new ideas, attracting the brightest minds in our field. We take pride in the work we create for our clients!
- Join a family: we love to pack our office with talented people who share our passion, supporting each other and celebrating our successes
- Disruption: help us break boundaries, try new things and disrupt business models set in stone for decades
How far can you go with Social Garden?
At the Garden, we like to see where your skills lie and develop them so you can achieve more and develop bigger goals. After the Sprout Program, our former interns Christine, Gemma and Lachlan have all moved into other roles.
The longest serving former Sprout, Christine is now Traffic Manager and has experience across SEO, marketing automation and account management. Gemma and Lachlan have found their niche in content production, with Gemma now Marketing Manager for the business and Lachlan recently moving full-time as a Content Producer.
How can future interns land the role?
Social Garden values people who are driven, can collaborate and contribute ideas from the word ‘go’.
Be keen, aim high, work fast, be proud and embrace the roller coaster that digital marketing often is, and you’ll be a sure fit.
The most successful interns make the most of it and enjoy the ride, so if you’re ready to jump right in, it’s time to get in touch.
How to apply
- Submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
- Include 2 recent examples of your writing
- Tell us which you would pick at the start of your Pokémon journey: Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander.
- This is an unpaid position for 3 months. We will require you to work two full days a week of your choosing at our office in Abbotsford.
- All you need to bring is your own laptop and some great ideas
- This position cannot be accredited to any relevant study requirements/subjects, but we will be able to provide a letter of reference upon completion.
Remember, do your best and you could be offered a full-time position. Come join the Social Garden team today!
- Contact Name: Christine Luong
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.