Hosted Events Team Manager
Posted 27 Jan 2021
Closes 26 Feb 2021
We are searching for a motivated and driven team leader, to oversee delivery of our hosted events.
AmazingCo creates and delivers unique experiences all around Australia (and the world!) on a mission to help people live more fulfilling lives. We are looking for people who are just as passionate about that as we are, and take pride in delivering quality customer outcomes. We genuinely believe this is the most exciting company to join in the experiences industry right now, and we are looking for A-players!
You will jump into a fast paced start-up culture, with the opportunity to own things from day one, and lots of space to grow and develop.
For more information visit https://www.amazingco.me/aus
About the role
The successful candidate will manage a team of people who oversee delivery of our hosted events – kids entertainment, team building, hens parties, and wine tours. You’ll also have your own state to manage as part of this, where you’ll run a team of hosts and entertainers ensuring they deliver top quality events.
This role requires people leadership skills, great attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and a bit of creative flair! You’ll be responsible for ensuring each of these hosted areas are profitable, and that our feedback scores remain exceptional!
On top of this, you get to take a lead role in testing, refining and rolling out new experience types with your team of awesome hosts. As we grow, there is potential to be involved in expanding these experience types to our other bases in Australia, USA, and the rest of the world!
- Cost of delivery ratios are met in accordance with the expectations for different event verticals
- Customer NPS +90
- Feedback is managed in a considered and timely way
- Team management
- 1:1s to provide feedback, performance management, and check-ins
- Oversight of the work across the team to ensure performance targets are being met
- Oversee effective feedback management, and manage any escalations
- Problem solving
- Recruitment and onboarding of new team members as required
- Host team management
- Roster hosts on to events in line with skills and availability
- Recruit and train hosts as required
- Provide regular feedback to hosts and manage customer feedback
- Ensure equipment is well stocked and prepared
- Take an active role in rolling out new experience formats
- Operational Management
- Feedback is regularly reviewed and improvements are made accordingly to experience design
- Negative feedback is managed in a timely and considered way
- Tweak and improve experiences, demonstrating creative flair
- Establish and maintain new partnerships
- Correspondence with the wider team (eg sales) is maintained
- Internal processes are consistently followed and internal databases are maintained
- Reporting and data analysis
- Interpret and analyse data in order to –
- Report on feedback and profitability metrics
- Understand the root cause of issues
- Make informed recommendations about how to address problems, or improve metrics
- Aid in prioritisation decisions
- Interpret and analyse data in order to –
- Strategic planning
- Understands resourcing requirements and headcount models relative to work volumes
- Forecast and adjust resourcing in line with booking data
- Identify any potential issues with bookings and take proactive steps to ensure they go well
- Plan and manage resourcing around peak periods
- Reviews and provides recommendations on themes that are occurring across events to build the insights into ongoing practice
Skills and Experience
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Team management experience
- Relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, with specific deadlines and timeframes
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Especially in the context of managing feedback
- Hands-on (willing to get involved in new experiences, actively train hosts, and be on site from time to time)
AmazingCo is an amazing place to work! Everyone in the team plays a critical role in the company and we invest heavily in growing our team member’s responsibilities. The company is fast paced and ever evolving. Due to the high growth, including international expansion, we’re able to offer great career opportunities.
- A vibrant tech startup office environment. Recently refurbished open plan office, daily fruit, red bull fridge… (NOTE – we are temporarily remote due to the COVID environment, but plan to return to the office as soon as permissible)
- A wonderful culture characterised by a team of over 60 people working hard to achieve a mission that matters. Big mission, real meaning, real people doing their life’s work.
- An opportunity to enjoy our experiences… we create some of the world’s best experiences and we test everything on ourselves! Enjoy frequent team wide functions and staff discounts across our portfolio.
- Wind the week down with a beer, wine or non-alcoholic refreshment on Fridays. We bring a family attitude to work and all contribute to building our culture
- Work in a business that seriously cares about culture and improving the experiences of our customers
- Opportunity for serious growth. We’re not kidding, we have seriously ambitious plans and are so excited to find the next brilliant mind to join us. You bring your energy and we’ll pay it back in spades. Our people are everything.
Our people are AWESOME – they work hard, play hard, and look out for each other. We genuinely believe that we hire the best – do you have what it takes to join at A+ team?
If you think you have what it takes to impress us then please send through your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great fit for this position. Please note, you will be required to upload a 60 second video as part of the application process.
Job Types: Full time, permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year