Head of Production
Posted 11 Jul 2018
Closes 10 Aug 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and experienced Head of Production to join the Life Like Touring team.
Life Like Touring (LLT) a production company within the TEG family writes, produces and delivers live theatre shows to audiences worldwide for many of the biggest brands in family entertainment. Based in Melbourne, the company has grown from a small domestic touring business to a global player in the family entertainment market.
As Head of Production your role responsibilities will be:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each Life Like Touring production.
- Oversee the successful delivery of technical production for touring programs.
- Be actively involved in the technical development of new productions.
- Source, hire, and manage touring crew as required.
- Oversee and manage the LLT workshop with building / refurbishment of assets
- Oversee the advance of all performance venues prior to arrival to confirm technical requirements, staff requirements, and ensure the venue has any pre-rigging or other technical requirements completed prior to arrival.
- Being the primary contact for international partner technical managers ensuring all requirements are met, whilst presenting a professional and courteous image of the production and Life Like Touring.
- Developing bump in and bump out schedules to maximise efficiency and minimise additional expenditure.
- Manage and create technical riders for all LLT productions.
- Adherence to Venue OH&S requirements to support the safety of Cast, Crew and Audience in every circumstance in every venue.
- Work with the warehouse manager to ensure the tracking and safe storage/maintenance of all LLT assets.
- To assist the Executive producers and international promoters with vetting venues, tour routing, and all technical issues pertaining to LLT tours
- International Travel to lead load in / out on tours
- Other duties as reasonably required
To be successful you will have:
- Proven production management experience on national and International tours
- Existing relationships with Australian touring theatres and venues
- Existing relationships with production suppliers
- Networks of touring theatrical crew including stage management
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and track projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Access to a safe working vehicle
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of lighting and sound elements of production from design to equipment specs
As a people leader, you will:
- Be a true leader inspiring your team to deliver exceptional results.
- Coach, develop and manage your direct reports to drive a high performance culture leveraging your understanding of individuals and their capabilities.
- Distil complexities, providing clarity when delegating workloads and accountabilities with an emphasis on outcomes.
- Pursue quality and excellence in a fast paced industry.
- Communicate with style and professionalism, across all levels of business relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate credibility as you represent the team, the business and the brand through all your interactions.
- Be adaptable, able to mould to an ever changing environment.
- Have the proven ability to problem solve, both being able to think of, and implement innovative solutions to everyday problems.
- Have industry knowledge.
- Be able to balance strategic and operational matters.
At TEG all your hard work in helping change the way we interact with clients and customers will not go unnoticed. In return, we support and reward great performance by offering competitive salaries, and employee benefits.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we would welcome you to apply with a cover letter and full CV outlining your suitability for the role, addressed to Spencer McLaren, General Manager Life Like Touring.
TEG is Australasia’s only integrated live entertainment organisation connecting Ticketing, Live Content Touring, Research and Data Analytics. TEG includes Ticketek, TEG Analytics, TEG Dainty, TEG Digital, TEG Live, TEG Rewards, Eventopia, Qudos Bank Arena, Softix, Life Like Touring and The Entertainment Store. Our success is built upon more than 35 years’ experience in the Australian and New Zealand market with a long standing and iconic presence in the live entertainment and sporting industry.
For further information about TEG please go to http://www.t-e-g.com.au/