Head of Design: Sunnylife
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 16 Jan 2019
Closes 15 Feb 2019
Who are we?
We’re Sunnylife, an Aussie lifestyle brand born and based in Sydney. But we’ve got offices in Los Angeles and London too.
We’re sun seekers, chasers and stalkers. We live for summer and the good times that surround it. While we get coats and scarves look great, we think bikinis and towels look better.
Privately owned, we specialise in bringing an Aussie summer to the rest of the world, starting in our own office.
We’re team players who work hard and play even harder – our open plan floor is covered in product so don’t be surprised if you’re sporting a plastic cactus on your head here and there.
Like an inflatable swan needs inflating, we nurture growth and personal development. We also motivate and inspire because we know the best ideas can and do come from anywhere.
A balanced bunch, we like exercise, wine and cheese. Not necessarily in that order.
All our products and staff contain summer because you never can have too much fun in your life.
Our Design Mission:
Our design team enjoy challenges in each creative opportunity. Our mission is to bring creative and original ideas to work every day. We aim to knock the socks off each Department by producing high-quality designs in a timely manner while thinking both creatively and strategically. We want to be seen as design leaders in our industry, provide products with smile-factor to our customers and bring them the latest trends, first.
- Work with the Creative Director as well as other internal stakeholders to brainstorm, develop and execute original creative concepts in conjunction with the Design team.
- To Manage a strong creative design team
- To look over and design Product, Packaging, Print, Web and brand projects.
- Inspiring creativity throughout all design work.
- Ensuring that all Design work is completed to the highest standard.
- Ensuring that working processes (planning, testing, & documentation etc.) are efficient & adhered to by the Design team.
- Ensuring that the Design Department remain relevant and on trend.
- Quality control and improvement of departmental output.
- Researching, sourcing and developing seasonal ranges in collaboration with Product & Production teams
- Traffic Management of entire Design team.
- Maintain communication and relationships between Design and other departments within the business.
- Develop the design strategy ensuring all design is directional and adheres to brand positioning
- Always be a dedicated team player and drive team to work hard by showing them how it’s done.
- Estimate creative effort required for projects
- Complete work to agreed budgets and timelines
- Mentor junior designers
- Be proactive, not reactive
Who is the ideal candidate?
- Experience in a similar role (Head of Design, Art Director, Studio Manager) for 3+ years
- Must have experience managing and motivating a team.
- Experience with print design, web design, packaging design and product design
- Creative and conceptual thinking
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work with in a team and independently
- Intimate knowledge of industry tools like Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- The confidence to share your opinion and the respect to listen to others.
- A strong understanding of working with a sense of urgency.
- A leader, always from the front.
- Very organised and detail oriented
If you are a highly-creative individual looking to build your career with a growing brand – APPLY NOW!
Please ensure you upload a copy of your portfolio with your application. Only applications that include portfolios will be considered.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.