Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 16 Apr 2018
Closes 16 May 2018
Are passionate about design? Are you interested in an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up that’s making a real difference to the lives of Australians?
Better Caring is a disruptor in the health tech sector, transforming the aged care and disability support sectors by providing the first online marketplace where Australians can find and directly hire the independent care and support workers. We’re on track to become a big company that improves peoples’ lives by making access to community support affordable and easy.
We’re looking for a creative and energetic web and graphic designer to help us to bring the Better Caring brand to life with beautiful and impactful designs for a range of executions.
We’re looking for a talented designer who will be responsible for the application of the Better Caring brand platform across all visual touchpoints. Your work will include web design, so experience with UX is preferable. However you will also be responsible for design of all print collateral and merchandise, advertising creative, EDMs and motion graphics.
You will live and breathe the Better Caring brand guidelines, ensuring that the brand look and feel is consistently communicated. You will become intimately familiar with our multiple audience segments, able to tailor our design style to match their needs and preferences.
Working within the Marketing & Communications team, you will also be responsible for designing and implementing an effective creative process to brief, prioritise and execute work effectively to meet business needs.
Key responsibilities & duties
· Execute the production of all Better Caring marketing materials including brochures, press ads, email campaigns, case studies, infographics, banner ads, event graphics, social campaigns and more.
· Work with the content producer and wider marketing team to plan and execute content for all Better Caring channels
· Take initial design concepts through the development and production process.
· Work with Better Caring’s consumer and support worker marketing teams to design collateral that will help inform, inspire and engage them.
· Provide art direction, source and manage the production of Better Caring’s image library.
· You have 3+ years’ experience working in design, with experience in both graphic and web design. Experience in designing for the web and knowledge of UX principles is preferable.
· You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
· You’re comfortable taking direction and working to a brief, including the ability to manage multiple priorities within a timeframe.
· You have exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
· You’re equally comfortable designing a website landing page or social media campaign, as you are creating a piece of print collateral or a press ad.
· You’re someone who loves working collaboratively as part of an energetic, creative team.
· You have experience applying brand guidelines across a range of design executions.
· You’re proficient in the Adobe CC suite applications: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
· Any experience and knowledge of UX, conversion rate best practices and motion graphics will be highly regarded.
Working at Better Caring
At Better Caring we value our people, diversity and making a difference is our passion. We offer a friendly and welcoming place to work at each day. Our offices are modern and open plan and a great lounge area to chat. We have a great kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, T2 teas and even Wasabi peas! Our offices are located in the heart of Surry Hills close to cafes, restaurants, fitness centres and two-minute walk from Central station. We love celebrating success and wins as a team. Whether it’s bring in your pet day, family day, celebrating national disability day or Melbourne Cup, we celebrate in our own Better Caring style which usually involves lots of fun and food. If you would like to find out more about Better Caring please log onto our website at www.bettercaring.com.au.
If you think this role is for you, apply today! Please include a copy of your portfolio with your submission.
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.