Graphic Designer - Product Design and Development
NSW - Byron Bay, Lismore & Far North Coast
Posted 9 Feb 2018
Closes 21 Feb 2018
Do you love design and the impact it can have in shaping and communicating the essence of a brand? Have an interest in children’s homewares that are beautiful as well as highly functional? Can you create designs that resonate with mums’ stylish taste and capture a child’s heart at the same time? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for a designer to join us in our studio in beautiful Byron Bay. You will bring a fresh outlook that is both trend-driven and schooled in the classics to help take us our product range to the next level.
We need you to grow and expand current product ranges and develop new ones in line with the Love Mae brand, ethos and aesthetic.
WHY WORK FOR LOVE MAE?
Beyond the obvious drawcard of our studio’s proximity to Byron Bay, you’ll be helping to create beautiful child- & home-focused products that are, simply put, lovely to work with. Our current range includes bamboo dinnerware, fabric decals and lunchboxes. Love Mae’s product development ethos combines smart functionality with trend-savvy, quirky design and a desire to make earth-conscious choices wherever possible. What’s not to love?
(checkout website if still questioning the impact we could have on your next job choice www.lovemae.com.au)
This amazing opportunity will see you working out of our lovely (yes, it really is lovely!) studio/warehouse in Byron Bay, and is a part-time gig with negotiable days and hours. The position has the potential of expanding into full-time, depending on the candidate, their skills, ability to perform and how they gel with the culture of our small, vibrant team of talented, passionate people. This role is first and foremost a graphic design position focused on product design and development. However, there is scope and potential for it to evolve into more, including catalogues, photoshoots, photo editing, film and film editing, social media content and eDMs.
We think you just might have what it takes if you can demonstrate experience and expertise across the followiing criteria:
- An Advanced Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or Industrial Design
- An intimate knowledge and skill working with the Adobe suite
- Minimum three years working in a design team
- Demonstrated experience with print management
- Knowledge of colour management in varied applications
- Demonstrated experience with packaging, logo and catalogue design
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product
- Capacity to understand and interpret the brand and vision of the business and translate this into all of your work
- Able to organise own time and capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- High-level communication skills: can communicate clearly and regularly to take on fluid, honest feedback
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Can work independently and prioritise accordingly
- A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as demanding business needs
Key responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Product design including packaging and all other elements
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate brand identity
Desirable, but non-essential skills
- Catalogue design and layout
- Photo editing retouching, colour correcting and optimisation of images
- Some brand development
- Possible Digital & Web Design of marketing assets from e-newsletters, web pages, promotional spots, affiliate collateral and social media
The role will also require the candidate to:
- Stay ahead of trends and new ideas and interpret those into fantastic creative;
- Development of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes;
- Handle multiple briefs at once;
- Ensure all creative adheres to style guidelines and articulates brand objectives;
- Be proactive and show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the quality of the website
Please address the selection criteria and send it to us with a copy of your resume as well as a small portfolio of your most recent work by 5pm on Wednesday 21st February. Applications that do not comply with the deadline or address the selection criteria will not be considered).
Please direct all applications to [email protected]
Anyone that is shortlisted for the role may be required to submit a paid working example.
Love Mae xx
- Contact Name: Peta
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.