Full-time Staff Writer (Men's Fashion, Watches, Travel & Cars)
Posted 23 Oct 2019
Closes 22 Nov 2019
As one of Australia’s leading men’s publications, D’Marge continues to grow and needs a cool, clever and witty staff writer to join its team.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate (Journalism) with 3 – 4 years of experience in day-to-day editorial and news publishing, who is looking for their next challenge with the opportunity to move into the Digital Editor role.
The position involves sourcing news stories, interviews, publishing PR content as well as exploring new editorial ideas and story series which can be nurtured.
Most importantly you’re a self-starting individual with a keen interest and knowledge across men’s fashion, watches, cars, health and travel.
If you don’t know something, you’ll have the skills to source the information and create content that’s witty, insightful, premium and snappy.
You’ll be required to travel both domestically and internationally from time to time and be client-facing for events. Knowing which cutlery to use and how to dress appropriately is paramount.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proactively source stories and news that appeal to Australian men
- Lead weekly brainstorming sessions to develop new editorial ideas
- Leverage own media, influencer and social network to source quotes for stories from experts in various fields
- Review, schedule and publish daily content
- Source, edit and load images to editorial content
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events and affairs in your local market
- Weekly content schedule support
- Help drive audience and traffic growth through your editorial prowess
Experience & expertise
- 2-4 years in similar digital based role
- Strong knowledge of all things digital
- A folio of both long and short format editorial
- Native content experience is advantagous
- Experience interviewing celebrities and high profile figures
- Perfect spelling and grammar – no typos, please
- Excellent image editing skills (Photoshop)
- Experience in WordPress, Google Docs and all major social media platforms
- Redfern location
- Friendly and fun working environment
- Fast-paced start up culture
- Salary based on experience
Please send a short cover letter (under 150-words please) telling us why we should consider your application, attach your CV and examples of previous editorial work. Note: Failure to follow these very simple instructions will void your application.
Salary will be based on experience.