Senior Full Stack Developer (PHP/Laravel)
Posted 26 Feb 2019
Closes 28 Mar 2019
Huge opportunity for a to work on a leading
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation that truly cares about its people and their personal development. If you want to work with collaborative people on an amazing product keep reading!
You will be joining a very well-funded and internationally backed Start-up based in Melbourne’s CBD, working with a talented team who have a broad wealth of knowledge and experience in building within large scale, complex software systems.
You will be collaborating with the team in building out the platform as well as the core system and integrated components. You will have the chance to work on a wide range of features that will keep the role both exciting and rewarding. In addition, we are looking for you to add your experience and capability into the team to add depth in building out best practice within a culture of continuous improvement. With our relaxed and people focused working environment you will also have a say in the technical direction of new projects moving forward.
The S-FSD will actively contribute ideas to enhance performance, stability and scalability, as well as influence the direction of future business and influence the implementation of new technologies. Having an analytical mind, you will be able to put yourself in the User’s shoes and think critically about what you are building.
· Being curious, driven, friendly, and collaborative
· An ego-less approach to development and a blameless approach to problem solving
· Working independently, but with a team first approach
· Supporting each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, pair programming and learning
· To be a problem solver and a technologist at heart, bringing a creative, analytical, adaptable, logical and thorough approach
· Experience developing highly scalable code
· Has expert knowledge PHP (10+ years) and recent Laravel (min 5 years), been deep inside Laravel trenches (your specialty)
· Extensive experience with MySQL or/and MariaDB especially around migrations and optimizations
· Hands on experience in CI/CD and TDD approach
· Experience in working with large applications (decoupling monoliths)
· Experience in website optimization and caching (software and hardware)
· Excellent knowledge of design patterns and how to apply them
· Experience with AWS (can setup autoscaling architectures
· Excellent understanding of best practices around security of web applications
· Experience with Git and various workflow/branching strategy approaches
· Experience within a DevOps & Agile environment
· Has experience with front-end development and testing (one or more of ReactJS/Redux, VueJS, BEM, LESS)
· Has experience with Solr or ElasticSearch
· To be an excellent communicator
· Exposure to front-end development and testing (one or more of ReactJS/Redux, VueJS, BEM, LESS)
· Exposure to Software as a Service (SaaS) type of applications
· Exposure to application containerisation and microservices
· Flexible working environment
· Working with the latest tech
· Fantastic work culture.
· Global user base
· Competitive Salary and Day-off on your birthday + others!
If you would like to join a team of passionate and motivated people in continuing to build out and scale an innovative application to the next level then this could be the perfect fit.
Sound like the right opportunity for you?
Then email through your CV to: [email protected] and a Cover Letter with FIVE reasons why you believe you are the right person for us.