Frontlines Associate - Student Success
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 14 Jan 2021
Closes 22 Jan 2021
If you’re organised, customer focussed, like operations, community building and don’t mind a spreadsheet join our student facing team at GA!
Contract Type: Short-term 2 month full-time contract to begin with with a view to permanent full-time.
Frontlines – Student Success Specialist
The role of the Student Success Specialist is to ensure that students not only have the tools and resources necessary to be successful at GA, but to provide guidance, support, and community throughout the learner journey.
The Student Success Specialist works across student operations and delivery, working cross-functionally with local teams to represent the voice of the student. This role is a balance of executing student success strategy, reviewing and analysing student feedback, monitoring performance and enacting support measures where appropriate (in partnership with instructional teams/managers), and serving as the main point of contact for students outside the classroom.
- Create materials for and onboard all Australian incoming students to in-class tools and resources (enrolment agreements, welcome emails, course trackers/rosters, sketch licenses, slack invite/channel setup, etc.)
- Track student pre-work data ensuring students meet 100% completion standards prior to the start of class
- Monitor Student Services/Payments inbox and Slack channels ensuring all inquiries are responded to within 24-48 hours
- Oversee and facilitate the local student success and alumni strategy
- Develop and execute the local strategy for student-facing events and ongoing community outreach
- Lead and execute Australian student collections outreach and ensure overdue payments are followed up in a timely manner
- Represent the voice of the student owning cross-functional communication and collaboration across teams
- Track student progress against graduation requirements, monitoring and coordinating interventions to address red flags
- Review both qualitative and quantitative student data to identify trends in the learner experience
- Support the development and execution of SSPs/IEPs partnering with local Instruction & Outcomes
- Mediate and manage student withdrawal requests, tracking/reporting, and retention strategy
- Execute student offboarding communications, send letters of completion to qualified students and remove students from in-course tools and resources.
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive community for all students and alumni.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of all GA Education Product lines in order to best serve the student, instructor, and local community
- Support with campus operations and front desk duties while in the office
- Additional tasks as required to support the Production Team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3+ years prior work experience, preferably in a customer or client success role.
- Demonstrated expertise in customer service
- Highly organised, can coordinate multiple projects at once
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritise, problem-solve, and execute in a timely fashion.
- Able to anticipate customer needs and act accordingly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes, remains calm under pressure.
- Is open to feedback and collaboration, and committed to transparency.
- Tech and system savvy; familiar with Google Suite.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organisation skills.
- Can navigate an ever-changing, fast-paced environment and demonstrable ability to come up with solutions.
- Able to multitask and enjoy wearing many hats.
- Learns new processes quickly and accurately.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanour.
- Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Optimises Work Processes
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognised as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Contact Name: Lay Hornitzky
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org