Posted 13 Jun 2019
Closes 13 Jul 2019
RMCC empowers children and youth from refugee, migrant and asylum seeker backgrounds to create their own opportunities.
RMCC provides unique and tailored programs in our four focus areas of education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing in partnership and collaboration with the three key figures in each child’s life: their school, family and the wider community.
So far, RMCC has empowered over 800 kids across multiple programs throughout Melbourne’s West, and by 2020 our goal is to reach over 2000 kids in need.
We require an executive assistant to support RMCC’s executive team. The assistant will assist in an array of tasks from data entry, research, correspondence, to liaising with internal and external stakeholders on the CEO and Head of Operations behalf. This position would suit someone that is extremely driven, up for a challenge, organised and has the capacity to commit to the role.
This position involves but is not necessary limited to:
• Assist in sourcing information and resources needed to run the organisation and its programs;
• Liaise with partnering organisations and government bodies;
• Assisting with the planning and running of occasional events and functions;
• Assist in volunteer management when required;
• Data entry;
• Draft correspondence/ documents.
• General office operations, such as coordinating needed resources and ensuring the upkeep of RMCC HQ
Essential Selection Criteria:
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for refugee & migrant kids;
• A good working knowledge of current refugee and asylum seeker issues;
• A strong and proven passion for volunteering and extra-curricular activities;
• Self-motivated and driven individual that can work both independently with limited guidance and in a team environment;
• A problem solver with attention to detail that thinks outside of the box;
• Exceptional organisational, networking, communication and people skills;
• Must be exceptionally confident, well spoken and written;
• Proficient across the Microsoft Office suite, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Current Working with Children Check and current Police Check or willingness to obtain them;
• Flexible and able to volunteer for a minimum 2 days per a week for a minimum of 12 months.
- Contact Name: Alice Wojcik
- Contact Email: [email protected]