Event Volunteer – Outrun Cancer
Posted 21 Feb 2019
Closes 15 Mar 2019
Passionate about volunteering?
Want to have fun whilst supporting a great cause and meeting new people?
We would love your help to make Outrun Cancer 2019 the best it can be.
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer-free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen.
Outrun Cancer will take place on Friday 22 March 2019 at various locations in Sydney and Parramatta. We are looking for passionate, proactive members of the local community to join the great volunteer team that supports the operation of this inspiring event.
About the event:
Outrun Cancer is a Corporate Treadmill Marathon. On Friday 22 March, teams will be running at various gym locations in Sydney to complete a marathon with their team and raise funds for cancer prevention, research and support services. We would love your help to have this event run smoothly.
We have two event locations in Sydney CBD and one in Parramatta. Volunteers are needed to assist with race timing and cheering teams on. The hours and locations are available below.
- AMP Parramatta – 8:30AM – 2:00PM
- AMP Circular Quay – 12:00PM – 5:30PM
- Crunch Fitness – 12:00PM – 5:30PM
Our ideal volunteer will be:
- Interested in community engagement through events
- Friendly, warm and possess an empathetic manner
- Confident in communicating with people and large groups
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Available for the shift time
- Ready to smile and have fun!
Benefits of the role:
- Volunteer to help us achieve our vision for a cancer-free future
- Meet new people and be part of a great team
- Learn new skills and build your work portfolio
- Make a real difference for local people affected by cancer
How to apply:
To express interest in this role, please apply now, applications close 20 March 2019.
For further information about this position, please contact Hayley Hornitzky on 02 9334 1878.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed.
- Contact Name: Volunteer Vacancies
- Contact Email: [email protected]