Event Operations Manager / Event Producer
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 11 Aug 2019
Social Playground is on the lookout for an Event Operations Manager (aka tech and events guru) to join our Melbourne office.
Some of the perks
- Cremorne (dog friendly) office & great company culture
- Training & personal development
- Birthday celebrations & annual company conference trips
- Bringing unique & socially shareable events to life
- Ongoing rewards & recognition (virtual thank you tacos for gift redemption)
- Biannual Rockstar employee award
Social Playground are the experts in all things social media marketing, photography and events. We activate our suite of photo, video and digital experiences at events across the country and work with some of Australia’s biggest brands.
If you’re experienced in event production, hospitality management, or corporate AV and seeking a role where your hard work is valued and rewarded in a supportive and fun team environment, then read on!
The Event Operations Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all logistical elements of our activations and product hire. It is their responsibility to ensure every event is executed flawlessly and that software and hardware quality control is maintained on a national level.
The Event Operations Manager also plays an integral role in training and supporting the national field team, ensuring our much-loved field staff uphold the highest of standards on site at our events.
The days & hours
THURS, FRI, SAT & MON
1-2 SUNDAYS PER MONTH
Flexible work arrangement, this is not a 9-5 job. Your schedule will be influenced by our live event times and the needs of the team. This also provides you with some flexibility to fit around studies, hobbies, freelance work.
You will need to have
- A car and full license
- Experience within the events industry (photography & video get you serious brownie points)
- Proven technical capabilities and quick to grasp new product functions and services
- Impeccable communication, accuracy and attention to detail
- A coaching ability and able to think on your feet when supporting field team members with logistics and technical troubleshooting
- A clear and precise reporting style
Some of the responsibilities:
Logistics & Event Management
- Ensure smooth implementation of Social Playground products and services at events
- Allocate equipment to each booking according to availability and suitability
- Attend events to oversee bump in, onsite training/briefings, client liaison and ‘mystery shopping’ event staff
- Work with sales team to provide solutions to client briefs from a technical perspective
- Manage third party suppliers including bump in schedules, on time delivery and costs
Infrastructure & Equipment
- Maintain clean, tidy and easy to navigate equipment storage facilities
- Keep all inventory up to date across each state
- Replace/fix any lost, damaged or faulty items and update records
- Replenish kits and ensure Event Staff replenish kits post-event
- Train new Casual Event Staff in collaboration with the Head of People & Culture
- Partner with Activations & Staffing teams to prepare and issue briefing documents and staff run sheets for each event
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Social Playground products
- Upload all event assets into the software ‘back office’ and test pre-event
- Monitor and manage event photo galleries and troubleshoot as required
- Provide live support to event staff, maintaining a calm and professional approach
- Attend logistics meetings with clients as requested
- Manage client feedback professionally and with a solution-based approach
If you meet our requirements and believe you have what it takes, please submit your CV and a cover letter sharing why you’re the perfect fit for this opportunity.
Salary suitable to experience.
- Contact Name: Jasmine Butcher
- Contact Email: [email protected]