Event Management / Booking Internship
Posted 12 Sep 2019
Closes 12 Oct 2019
Spill City has an awesome internship opportunity for an individual who is looking to break into the Music / Arts industry and/or learn the ropes of Events Management.
A little bit about us.
Spill City is a quarterly, multi-arts platform for artists and musicians to offer new perspectives, ask questions and spill ideas. We’re all about creating an accepting and diverse space with a broad showcase of talent focusing on interactivity and participation. Our events provide an opportunity for makers to reach a new demographic and share an innovative zone with like-minded, creative creatures.
Starting just over a year ago, we have put on 5 Volumes at one if Brisbane’s most iconic Fortitude Valley venues; the zoo, collaborated with the UQ Union to create workshops for students and were also involved in BIGSOUND’s 2019 showcase event.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Researching and scouting potential musicians
- Researching and scouting potential artists/groups/organisations/performers
- Creating teaser & promotional social media content
- Contacting media & gig guide platforms
- Assisting with talent contracts and paperwork
- Creating solutions to accommodate different artists and their exhibition needs
- Assisting with the mailing list
- Assisting onsite at event
What we can offer
- Mentorship and insight to the music industry including but not limited to; bookings, promotion, contracts, fee negotiation and curation.
- Practical work experience in organising and exhibiting a variety of artists, performers, projects and works.
- Networking opportunities
- Insight into social media marketing
- Letter of reference upon completion
The internship will be one day a week (5hrs) over two months and lunch will be provided. Previous experience is not necessary, however you will need your own laptop. A passion for the music or arts industry and a willingness to learn is what we’ll be looking for so if this sounds like a fricken’ dream come true, then we’d love to hear from you! Underrepresented people are absolutely encouraged to apply.
Please apply through the link below – we can’t wait to hear from you 🙂
- Contact Name: Amy Flanagan
- Contact Email: [email protected]