Posted 15 Apr 2019
Closes 15 May 2019
- Permanent full-time position
- Fast-paced and rewarding role with children’s cancer charity
- Work on Melbourne’s premier charity event, The Million Dollar Lunch
- Suitable for a events, communications or marketing professional
- Circa $60,000 including superannuation, plus charity salary packaging benefits
- Melbourne Sports Precinct Location
About the charity
The Children’s Cancer Foundation supports clinical care and research in childhood cancer, and provides resources to families of patients undergoing treatment for cancer. The Million Dollar Lunch is the annual fundraiser for the Foundation, raising around $2.5 million each year and underpinning our project funding.
About the opportunity
An opportunity for a professional and energetic Event Coordinator to join our small team to coordinate the preparation and marketing of The Million Dollar Lunch and provide general administrative support.
This is a demanding yet rewarding administration-focused role working with a small team. We are seeking an individual whose personal and career goals align with our values-driven organisation and who has the confidence and experience to work with a range of event stakeholders (committee, donors, attendees, event producer, technology and charity partners).
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (mandatory)
- At least 2 years’ experience in event coordination (mandatory)
- Experience in an event sales and marketing role (highly desirable)
- Excellent CRM technical skills with strong knowledge of Outlook, Excel (mandatory) and Salesforce (desirable)
- Experience with social media and email marketing tools (Hootsuite and Campaign Monitor) (desirable)
Your key responsibilities
- Administration of table sales for the event, including liaising with high net worth individuals
- Source Mystery Envelopes event items, ensuring fundraising targets are met
- Provide administration support for the Million Dollar Lunch committee
- Work with the Committee to finalise Auction and Raffle items
- Provide support to the event producer
- Coordination of event volunteers
- Drafting content for eDMs, websites and social media
- Update the Foundation’s CRM (Salesforce), ensuring data integrity
- Assist with office administration as required
- Strong administration skills, highly efficient and detail orientated
- Demonstrated aptitude in time and priority management with the ability to deliver to deadline
- Clear, effective communicator and proven commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Strong creative writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact in a professional, polite and courteous manner with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to show initiative, but follow detailed instruction when required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism and self-motivation
- Desire to work in the not-for-profit sector
To apply, please submit a covering letter with your resume addressing the selection criteria to [email protected] Only applications with a covering letter will be considered.
In order to be considered for this role you must have a clear police check. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, we thank you for your understanding.
- Contact Name: Kate Cadet
- Contact Email: [email protected]