Entry-Level Media Sales Role
Posted 14 Feb 2020
Closes 15 Mar 2020
We are THE go-to guerrilla marketing company across Australia and we are looking to expand our team. With the death of TV and saturation of digital, out of home is becoming more critical for brands to connect with their demographic.
This is an entry-level role as “Business Development Manager”. So NO EXPERIENCE in sales or media is required.
- Learn the inner workings of selling media
- Become familiar with the lingo and expectations
- Learn the foundations of sales and account management
- Work with local and international brands
- Become versed in ‘tools of the trade’ like presenting, using a CRM effectively and preparing media proposals
- Work with a wide range of media formats
- Learn how to vet client artwork
- Work alongside experienced account managers and executives
- Have opportunities to advance your career internally and within the media industry
- Be coached one-on-one to build and refine your client portfolio and skill set
What to Expect
- Working alongside 6-8 people in the Tempe office
- 2 weeks’ paid, part time, intensive training theory
- Then full time with 3-6 months of one-on-one coaching support, building real clients
- The first year is focusing on building your client portfolio
- Opportunities for internal promotion after 6-12 months
This is a client-facing role. Primarily office-based, with meetings perhaps once a week and travelling interstate for a few days 2-4 times per year. Daily activities would include contacting clients and potential clients by phone and email; assessing their needs; quoting; guiding them through the artwork process and formulating their campaigns.
What this role is NOT
- A media strategy role (eg, creating client artwork, message, direction, goals)
- A marketing role (eg, coordinating website, socials, print, tv)
- A social media content role
To Apply – Required
Send in your CV and write a cover letter addressing each of the criteria below:
- WHY you are seeking a foot in the door
- How long you have continuously worked for a single employer, full time (or equivalent, e.g., study+work together)
- Outside of family, who are two people you admire and why?
- Contact Name: Ruth
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org