Director of Legal
Posted 16 Apr 2019
Closes 13 May 2019
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world.
The Director of Legal is part of the Legal and Finance team within Oaktree. This is an opportunity for a young leader to perform a vital role in driving organisational legal processes for Australia’s largest, youth-run anti-poverty organisation. through efficient national coordination.
The Director of Legal will effectively communicate and implement Oaktree’s legal objectives through efficient national coordination. The role will involve acting as the principal legal advisor for Oaktree on all aspects of its operations and legal issues that may arise.
As the Director of Legal, you will be involved in:
– Ensuring Oaktree complies with all relevant legislation and regulatory bodies.
– Oversee organisational risk management.
– Creating, updating and implementing internal organisational policies.
– Be responsible for creating contracts, agreement and review documents.
– Managing and supporting the legal team.
– Supporting internal campaigns and activities.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward
What you will get out of it:
– The support and training to build your knowledge and skills in a range of areas
– Get first hand experience in a varied legal environment.
– Have exposure to senior Oaktree leaders, legal partners and the Risk & Compliance Board Sub-Committee.
– Develop a network with similarly passionate young leaders
– Opportunities to work with an energetic team of young volunteers who are leading the movement to end poverty.
TIME COMMITMENT: 2-3 days a week
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday the 13th of May 2019
This is a rolling recruiting where applications will be reviewed on submission, so don’t hesitate and apply.