Digital writing internship
Posted 21 Mar 2019
Closes 20 Apr 2019
The 411: We are a digital marketing agency specialising in website development for small to medium businesses, looking for a journalism/communications student to join forces with us for 1-2 days a week.
As a fast-paced business that is rapidly growing, we are looking for someone who is motivated, hungry to learn, has studied in either media/communications/marketing and looking for some valuable experience in the industry.
· – You are a gun at writing (bonus points for knowledge/experience in SEO copywriting)
· – You are motivated and hungry to learn
· – You have studied in media/communications/journalism/marketing
· – You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Learn, upskill and build on your portfolio to get a foot in the door for your career in digital writing, journalism or communications.
Benefits & Culture:
· We aren’t corporate cats (so yes, we do listen to tunes as we work and no, you do not need to be dressed to the nines – unless you want to)
· We don’t take ourselves too seriously and make work a place of good times, hard work and quality banter
· Work in a creative coworking space in the heart of Abbotsford with all the perks (think massage chairs, meditation room, free beer on tap, unlimited tea and coffee and games) in a funky, industrial-chic environment
· An opportunity to gain exposure to a growing industry
· Exposure to website development and digital strategies from start-to-finish
What you’ll get out of it:
· Work in a dreamy office with great facilities and culture
· Learn all the tricks in the trade from a professional digital marketing agency
· Be surrounded by young, passionate people who love what they do
· Learn what makes a clean, user-friendly website in 2019
· Learn or fine-tune your SEO copywriting or blog writing skills
· Gain valuable experience with social media management
A typical day will include writing website copy, blog writing, assisting with client communications, social media management and more.
The successful candidate will work 1-2 days a week for 3 months in an open-spaced, relaxed office environment in the heart of Abbotsford – right next to great cafes and close to public transport.
Great communication, organisational and writing skills are essential, with bonus points for anyone with an understanding of web development and SEO copywriting.
If the successful candidate shows great enthusiasm, commitment and a high standard of work, then the opportunity of being offered either a part-time or full-time role at the end of the internship will be shown.
As compensation for the candidate’s hard work and dedication in this role, we will design a customised website to use as the student’s digital portfolio. If this sounds like you, please send through your CV, examples of work and a cover letter.
- Contact Name: Elliot
- Contact Email: [email protected]
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.