Digital Marketing Manager (Sport)
Posted 21 Mar 2019
Closes 31 Mar 2019
Netball Australia is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager, who will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing paid digital marketing activity for PLAY Netball, the Australian Diamonds and the Confident Girls Foundation, working closely with Member Organisations and other external parties.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development and growth of netball in Australia. Reporting to the General Manager Sport Marketing and Partnerships, this role will be responsible for leading the development of integrated paid digital marketing activity plans, aligned to campaign strategy and managing the day-to-day execution of paid digital marketing activity.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The position will:
- Support the development and delivery of Netball Australia (NA) led marketing strategies for PLAY Netball, Australian Diamonds and the Confident Girls Foundation
- Provide digital marketing support and best practice to other areas of the business
- Develop strong relationships at every level of the business, extending to Member Organisations (MOs), to help with the delivery of digital marketing activity
- Lead the development of integrated paid digital marketing activity plans, aligned to campaign strategy
- Manage the day-to-day execution of paid digital marketing activity, utilising a range of techniques, including paid search, SEO, PPC and remarketing
- Work with the Digital Media Coordinator – Participation on SEO and website optimisation, based on customer insight
- Determine key messaging and develop creative briefs for digital campaign execution
- Develop, evaluate and oversee the implementation of A/B testing protocols and procedures
- Provide regular reporting on paid digital marketing activity and contribute to campaign evaluation
- Manage digital analytics to provide market insight and inform strategy
Skills and experience
The employee will possess capability across the following areas:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
- Clear understanding and familiarity with paid digital marketing techniques, including but not limited to paid search, SEO, PPC and remarketing
- Hands-on experience in digital marketing planning, delivery and evaluation
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or related area
- High proficiency in using Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Facebook marketing
- Familiarity with CMS programs and exposure across SEO/SEM
- Ability to work as a team to achieve the organisation’s objectives
- Excellent communication skills and a strong eye for detail
- The ability to self-manage priorities, as well as plan and deliver multiple tasks on time, or ahead of schedule
- Clear understanding and familiarity with digital and new media landscape
- Knowledge of current trends in customer insight and digital marketing
- Budget management
- Initiative and proactive problem solving
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience
- An understanding of the creative briefing process.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated alignment with NA values
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and continuous development of paid digital marketing activity
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a digital marketing role
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excited by challenges and motivated to find solutions that work for all parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for sport at grassroots and elite level
If this sounds interesting, please email [email protected] for a position description.
Applications close Sunday 31 March 2019 at 5pm ADST.
PLEASE NOTE only successful applications will be notified for the next round of the selection process.
Job benefits and perks
Salary packaging – FBT Rebatable Employer
Corporate partner discounts
Flexible working arrangements
Employee Assistance Program
Staff car park roster
Applications for this job can't be accepted as the job has closed.