Digital Designer Junior/Midweight
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 13 Sep 2021
Closes 13 Oct 2021
Inspired? Straight-talking? Semi-decent at a game of pool and enjoy a cold beer on a Friday? Then you might just be the one for us! (Once we’re back in our gorgeous leafy studios IRL as soon as ‘this all blows over’…)
We are looking for a digital designer with experience working in UX/UI design to join our rapidly growing team based out of Sydney, initially working on a 3 month contract.
Priding ourselves as amplifiers of culture, we’re a multi-disciplinary creative studio working within the entertainment, music and media industries worldwide. Our clients include Spotify, Sony Music Australia, Warner Music Global, Universal Music, Foxtel, Paramount, EMI Music, ABC, Triple J, Entertainment One, the list goes on. And on. And on…
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our incredible design team on projects ranging from website and application design, social media assets, video and motion graphics, and everything in between! We are a creative studio specialising in digital and website builds, and so would want you to become the go-to in the team for cutting-edge web UI and UX design, with a passion for the latest web standards and design trends.
The role is currently a 3 month temp role, however there is scope to expand that out into a full-time role if all goes well… (which we’re sure it will!)
Your typical day will look a little bit like this:
- Support and assist the creative team on the day-to-day churn & burn, as well as working on exciting individual projects that come your way.
- Work closely with our *brilliant* project managers to ensure work is delivered in a timely manner and at the best possible quality.
- Help out with pitch-work and concepts for our big colourful clients and their projects. A shiny new website? A killer and cutting-edge new app? A game-changing digital experience? Yes PLEASE!
You are the type of person who:
- Can adapt easily to ongoing projects and keeps a cool head when things get tough.
- Can solve problems creatively and confidently, always looking for ways to elevate and improve your work and guide those around you.
- Has strong initiative and a great work ethic.
- Enjoys working within a creative team, as well as working autonomously on their own independent projects.
- Is globally-minded, always thinks outside the box and likes to experiment.
You will have:
- A deep experience of digital design.
- A good understanding of information architecture, UX/UI design and responsive web design practices for both web and mobile.
- A passion for the latest trends and web standards.
- The ability to follow directions, appreciate constructive feedback and can meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work both within existing brand guidelines and on the development of new ones.
- A love of music and entertainment.
Bonus points for:
- Creative illustration, photography and design skills.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS & Java.
- Motion Graphics.
- Any other languages.
For more information on who we are, take a look at our website or socials. We get a large number of applicants and struggle to get through them all so please don’t be offended if we’re not able to call everyone back. Please reapply if you haven’t been successful before. We love to see how people are progressing with their careers.
Follow us on: https://www.instagram.com/madeinkatana To keep in contact and see some more of our work.
We look forward to welcoming you to the MIK family and can’t wait to make some noise with you.
- Contact Name: Ali Foster
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org