CONTENT / WRITING INTERN
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 23 Feb 2021
Closes 25 Mar 2021
How would you like to work with Australia’s fastest-growing wellness brand?
SWIISH is an exciting, dynamic, creative environment. We are a content and commerce business, which includes a blog, online store and our own products.
We are looking for a reliable intern with zest, strong attention to detail and a passionate work ethic.
This is a 6-month internship for someone passionate about learning the hands-on skills needed for a successful media career in content creation for wellness, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. You would be in our inner-city Alexandria office 2 days/week. You’d be supporting and learning from our in-house Content Team with tasks including, but not limited to:
- Blog and other content writing
- Social captions and posts – stills, video storyboarding and scheduling
- Ideation and brainstorming of new trends, content ideas, video content, healthy recipe development, etc.
- Content shoots (video, stills, etc.)
- Visual research for graphics
- Research for articles, blogs, and social media posts
- Support in coordinating projects and events as needed
- Any prior study or previous experience in content creation, content writing, blog writing, journalism, health or nutrition, and social media would be highly regarded
- A passion for, and general knowledge of, what’s trending in wellness, health, beauty, fashion and lifestyle content is essential
- A current student or recently graduated student who is keen to apply their learnings in the real world with valuable hands-on experience
- Are enthusiastic and keen to learn on the job
- Open to taking direction and learning from it
- Canva knowledge highly regarded
- WordPress and Adobe Suite experience a bonus
- A precise and careful eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills which includes perfect spelling and grammar
- Able to work quickly and prioritise tasks
- A team player who doesn’t mind participating in a range of tasks
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a hard-working, committed creative team in one of Australia’s leading wellness businesses. You’ll be learning from experienced content creators and collaborating on exciting projects. We can be flexible to work around your hours if you’re studying, but ideally, we’re looking for someone who can commit to 2 workdays a week.
All equipment required will be provided so you just need to bring yourself! At the satisfactory completion of the internship, we will be happy to provide references and sign any university requirement forms. Many of our previous interns have ended up becoming permanent members of the team so there is an exciting opportunity available for individual growth within our company if the candidate suits.
Note: This is an unpaid internship.
To learn more about SWIISH, head to SWIISH.com; and check out @swiishbysallyo and @swiishwellness on Instagram before applying for this role.
When applying, please include a cover letter including the following: tell us about yourself; outline any relevant experience and why you feel you’re suited for this role; include your CV and portfolio (if you have one). Please also include your Instagram handle. Candidates must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident available to work in our Sydney based office.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we won’t be able to respond to everybody personally. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be given a creative test and we will request reference checks.