Posted 25 Apr 2019
Closes 25 May 2019
Do you care deeply about the cultural life of your city and how it evolves, from dumpling joints to arts festivals to new public spaces and infrastructure? Do you love crafting compelling digital content that delivers a story worth spending time with? Do you have sound project management and production skills, razor-sharp attention to detail and more ideas than you know what to do with?
Concrete Playground is seeking a skilled content expert to join its Sydney team as content producer. If you answered yes to a sizeable chunk of the above, you may just be the person we’re looking for.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Working closely with the editor and partnerships editor, you’ll write, edit and produce intelligent and engaging content across Concrete Playground’s organic and native editorial output. You’ll commission work from a team of freelancers, manage projects and work with the small editorial team to meet deadlines and traffic targets. Fastidious sub-editing will be a pillar of your day, as will making images, text, video and links work together as a happy whole.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the production of organic and native editorial content across Australia and NZ.
- Coordinating and commissioning our editorial freelance contributors.
- Fact checking and sub-editing.
- Sourcing and editing images.
- Assisting the partnerships editor in delivering native campaigns to tight deadlines.
- Managing and implementing client feedback.
- Assisting in the production of video content for native campaigns.
- Working with the editor to ensure city homepages remain relevant and updated.
- Adhering to Concrete Playground’s style guide and values.
- Assisting with the management of Concrete Playground’s various social media channels.
- Assisting in sending out tri-weekly newsletters and client-dedicated newsletters (soluses).
- A university degree.
- At least 2 years experience in the online news media environment.
- A demonstrated ability to write intelligent, witty copy in Concrete Playground’s style.
- Knowledge of fact-checking and basic copyright requirements.
- Solid sub-editing skills and ability to work with a style guide.
- Knowledge of SEO and basic HTML.
- Experience working with a content management system (preferably WordPress).
- A good eye for images and skills with image production (preferably Photoshop).
- Superb project and personal management skills.
- Knowledge of social media best practices.
- Expertise and ability to research effectively on the topics of local cultural life, current affairs, food, drink, pop culture, travel, technology, sustainability, design, fashion, film and the arts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, CV, links to 3-4 relevant online writing samples, and 2-3 feature ideas to [email protected]