Posted 27 Sep 2021
Closes 27 Oct 2021
We’re an online lifestyle brand looking for a talented and creative individual with a passion for digital media to join our growing brand. We’re a fast-paced, high-energy team and we pride ourselves on the quality of our content.
This newly formed role involves developing and implementing content strategies for Sitchu Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth (yet to launch), as well as upholding the brands holistic content plan, that will lead to the acquisition of new and engaged audiences and overall site traffic growth.
This role will be based in Melbourne and directly report to the National Editor based in Sydney.
- Ensure content is written in an engaging and accessible way for the relevant audience, and is consistent in terms of tone of voice, style and key messaging
- Work with National Editor to develop and implement content strategies that bring to life overarching brand direction
- Create informing and inspiring content to be housed across multiple Sitchu platforms
- Manage and edit work from all external content contributors and photographers
- Optimise online content to help improve search rankings and user engagement
- Create cross-platform content in conjunction with advertising partners, that meet core objectives
- Keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to both the editorial and broader team
- Conduct general market and competitor research, and present back to key stakeholders
- Manage allotted budget and third-party contributors
- Work closely with the Sitchu team on bespoke projects, and assist with editorial components
- Manage PR enquiries and editorial relationships
- Attend client events when necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in a content editing role or similar, with a demonstrable track record in writing for web and different audiences
- Be commercially minded, whilst ensuring the brand offering remains prominent
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and take responsibility for assigned tasks
- Thinks ‘outside the box’ and responds quickly when situations change
- Well-presented with ambition to go above and beyond the role and work as part of a dynamic team
- Superior writing, proofing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work positively and effectively with people at all levels and cultures
- Able to multi-task, working on multiple projects at a time and to tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate initiative, self-reliance and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with storytelling abilities
- Experience using SEO tools and web content management systems, with a sound understanding of analytics with the ability to pull out key data sets and optimise for future performance
- Ideally be familiar with standard Content Management Systems and Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is also encouraged
Position: Full time, permanent
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 9am – 5:30pm (attending events outside these hours from time to time).
Location: South Melbourne Office
To apply, please click the link below and be sure to attach your cover letter and CV, and provide answers to the three screening questions.
- Contact Name: Jayde Malifa
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org