Content Curator / Creative Writing / Exclusive Experiences / Graphic Design
Brisbane - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Posted 23 May 2019
Closes 22 Jun 2019
CREATIVE WRITING / CONTENT CREATOR / GRAPHIC DESIGN
Do you think outside the box? Do you have sass, spunk and love to write, design or mingle with the A-listers? Want to build a creative writing portfolio of published articles/designs with one of SEQ’s favourite lifestyle media’s? We are looking for contributors in all areas of lifestyle covering topics including food, fashion, music, design, arts, culture, theatre, film, tech, travel, health, fitness, beauty, inspiration, how-to’s, reviews, interviews and pop-culture. A sense of humour is required, and you must be motivated, fun and diligent. The future is bright, make sure you have good shades!
Stardust Media owns The Good Guide (@thegoodguide) & Social Society (@social_society_au) and has offices in Brisbane (HQ), Gold Coast, New York and Mumbai. We are growing… will you be the next to join our team?
The Good Guide is South-East Qld’s favourite lifestyle media and is more ‘in’ than the internet and as essential as living! If you are living under a rock, check out thegoodguide.com.au. It’s your new BFF with LOTS of benefits. 😉
Social Society is a digital agency offering our clients innovative, fresh & engaging digital media solutions via:
- Social Media
- Web Design
- Copy + Content Creation
- Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Event Management
- Digital Influencers
- Chat Bots
- Augmented Reality Marketing
We have a fantastic opportunity for THREE talented, passionate, and experienced writers/designer to join the flock (our team!)
- Role 1 – Brisbane Creative Content Curator/ Lifestyle Features Writer (covering: Lifestyle, food, fashion, fun, film, art, music, events, trends, digital marketing and more)
- Role 2 – Gold Coast (NNSW) Creative Content Curator/ Lifestyle Features Writer (covering: Lifestyle, food, fashion, fun, film, art, music, events, trends, digital marketing and more)
- Role 3 – Graphic Designer/Video Content (Photo & video shoot assistant, creative designs, fun wallpapers, innovative artwork, web design, custom publishing, online and print ad curation). Will be given much creative freedom.
You will be working directly with the editor/art director to create interesting and engaging written content geared to a lifestyle audience who respects design, innovation, quirk and style.
ROLE & DUTIES (MORE DETAIL)
- Content Creation: Visual (graphic)
- Content Production: across lots of channels and mediums – visual, video, images,
- Copywriting: Blog writing, content captions for social posts, media releases
- Editing supplied imagery and creating graphics/layouts
- Follow up on the current projects & campaigns (new launches, tests, promotion, media planning and collaboration with advertising, media and digital agencies
- Analyse the market, competition, the performance of your launches, and identify improvements
- Exporting files for different formats and uses, such as print, web, social media etc
- Creating interesting, engaging and lead generating social content
- Create email marketing campaigns
- Managing social media channels
We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic and creative individuals looking to get into the social media and digital marketing space.
We’re laid back but professional, love what we do and don’t take life too seriously BUT we have a damn good time doing it! This sees us attending regular events, Friday afternoon drinks and our office space is also pretty rad!
You will receive excellent one-on-one mentoring throughout the entire experience and learn a new bag of marketing tricks to add to your growing artillery. The role is unpaid and would suit a marketing, journalism, communications, PR or creative student.
Essential to this role will be your ability to research various online sources and use your creativity to create relationships with influential bloggers, social media stars and publishers.
Some of the weapons you will practice:
– Influencer outreach campaigns
– Email engagement and relationship building strategies
– Social media campaign management
– Social media community management
The right candidate will be able to allocate 8 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
SOFTWARE/ PROGRAM KNOWLEDGE:
Desired but not required:
- Silver Stripe
- Scheduling platforms
- Mail Chimp
- Intermediate – Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Some exposure to Adobe creative suite will be useful but not essential (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere)
- Understanding of principles of communication via social media and exposure to enterprise social collaboration
- Flexible hours, but meeting any given deadline is vital.
- Work from home or one day in the HQ (or from wherever you want!).
- You will be credited. Your name will star in an Author Bio (dedicated personal bio with image, fun spiel on you, links to credit you on any article/interview published). We want to help you build a portfolio of published work. Your work could be seen by over 1.49 million of our cross-platform followers (and growing).
- Successful candidates will be trained in content creation, image research, uploading, copywriting, editing, seo optimisation, geo-tagging, social media campaign management, influencer outreach campaigns, chat bots, augmented reality marketing, email engagement and much more.
- When we hire, YOU will be considered as we look at our interns/ contributors first (as long as you are consistent, meet brand/tonality guidelines and deadlines).
- Get an internship certificate/ written reference after 15 published articles. We have hired stand-out interns & helped previous interns score AMAZING roles around the world, based on their portfolio’s with us.
- You have the opportunity to attend exclusive events, suave soiree’s, film previews, fun premiers, bar openings, art launches, festivals, cool gigs and much more. If suited, you may have the opportunity to interview celebrity artists/ musicians/ actors/ directors etc.
- We have a Writer’s Camp for Camp Writing and curate your experience around your nominated interests to help your goals.
- Letter of reference upon completion. Internship can be accredited to relevant tertiary degree requirements
This is an unpaid position/internship with a four-month duration. You will receive a written reference upon completion!
- You will have a genuine and demonstrable interest in lifestyle, culture, food etc as above, and be familiar with writing for an online audience.
- Candidates with writing/design experience preferred
- You will be gifted regular movie tickets and other fun, awesome things. We also have regular team parties (= too much FUN!)
- You will work from home, and you will need a computer and internet connection. Or can come to HQ office in New Farm, Brisbane.
- You will need to work efficiently, be a good communicator and have flair
- You will need to be motivated and will have a lot of creative freedom (with brand guidelines)
- We are ideally looking for a min of 2 pieces of content per week from each writer and 2 designs per week (max 5). Flexibility is offered to the right people. Can do during day or night as long as meet deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for those wanting to build upon their credentials whilst exercising creativity.
You’ll get a rockstar behind-the-scenes look at digital publishing, and add great value to your resume/portfolio. All articles written by you will be credited with your name. We want to see you grow and succeed. If you have questions, we’ll answer them to help you develop your skills and knowledge as much as we can.
- Please send an email or cover letter explaining your strengths
- Let us know which role you are perfect for
- Send at least one example of your written work/ design
- Resume is optional. We can help you even if you have no experience but have the flair and desire to write/ create.
We look forward to hearing from YOU YOU YOU! Let’s make some magic happen, we want you to shine like the bright, crazy diamond you are!
- Contact Name: Bodhi
- Contact Email: [email protected]