Posted 12 Jun 2019
Closes 12 Jul 2019
Unyoked is an adventure lifestyle brand that’s all about helping you get away from the conventions and concrete of the city and access the freedom of the wilderness easily to rediscover a balance we’ve somehow lost in our lives.
Borne from our longing to ditch the suit and tie and heed the call of the wild, we’ve hustled our way from Sydney high-rises to making cabin porn come to life – and we’re never looking back.
We’re all about giving the bird to the 9-5, to diaries and inboxes and helping people disappear to the wilderness when they need it most to reconnect with that innate desire to be out there, rekindle with someone close, or spark creativity in a new way and get in the zone.
Since launching in 2016 we’ve experienced solid growth, epic word-of-mouth, a number of collabs with awesome brands, lots of new wilderness to unlock and a bunch of new followers – and it’s now time to bring on a community guru to help us as we scale what we’re creating and share it with even more folks out there.
What’s a Community Associate? Glad you asked. Here at Unyoked we’re building a family, a movement, a cult…cough, we mean, a community. Long story short, we have a large, highly engaged community of people who believe in our vision, and we want to keep it that way. As Community Associate, you’ll be instrumental in that part of our strategy.
As part of our Engagement team, you’ll be responsible for building and nurturing connections with our community through differentiated customer support, personally engaging socials and other similar community initiatives.
If you’re a hustler who loves diving into unknown areas, picking up new topics quickly and running with them, but who constantly questions the underlying psychology of things, is empathetic and can create connections quickly – this might be the role for you.
While the role’s Community Associate, we’re a startup so you’ll get access to everything that’s going on and opportunities to work in a broad cross-section of areas from strategy, bus dev, branding, process optimisation and of course getting off the grid and scouting for epic new wilderness spots.
Don’t get us wrong, we’re a seed-stage startup, you will get mud on your shoes, the sleeves will be rolled-up, but you’ll also be here at the ground-floor and able to be part of creating something from nothing and watch it grow.
- Engaging and nurturing our community through customer support channels.
- Assessing the effectiveness of customer communication flows, identifying pain points or opportunities and recommending / executing enhancements to better support our brand and create emotional connections with our users.
- Assisting with the management and execution of our social channels including planning, execution and analysis of Instagram initiatives.
- Designing, executing and managing physical and digital activations and events that nurture our community and support our brand.
- Assisting with the ongoing management of our ambassador programs.
- Collaborating with the other parts of the business to ensure our guiding principles are present in everything we do.
Who are we looking for?
- Passion, curiosity and hustle to work in a fast-paced growth-stage startup and build something from the ground up.
- Love for creative-thinking and problem solving. Able to identify real obstacles, recommend and work hard to execute on viable solutions with minimal support.
- Passion for the outdoors, travel and generally a desire to reject the conventions of the 9-to-5.
- Innovative thinking paired with strong execution. You see the world differently, can articulate a clear path to get there and can put your head down and get it done.
- Customer service experience, quality writing skills, and strong EQ desirable.
- 3+ years relevant experience preferred.