Communications & Events Manager
Posted 5 May 2021
Closes 4 Jun 2021
Communications & Events Manager
Are Media is the home of Australian magazines. Our extensive portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most-loved brands, and boasts magazines, websites, videos, social, review sites, podcasts and experiences. This includes Australian Women’s Weekly, New Idea, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden, Wheels and many more.
About the role
We are in the business of storytelling and are helping drive real change in the lives of women across the country through our advocacy and campaigning. Now, we’re looking for a mid-weight communications professional to help tell our many and varied stories to internal and external audiences.
From The Australian Women’s Weekly’s Women of the Future Awards, being part of our one of a kind Activist Agenda, which has been responsible for the removal of the Tampon Tax, to our market-leading insights and research, we’re looking for a great communicator that can help amplify Are Media’s key strategic messages and events to consumers, advertisers, agencies and our employees.
This is an incredibly varied role and you will be exposed to all areas of the business, including our magazines and digital products, sales, strategy, research and events, to share Are Media’s compelling stories to stakeholders across the country.
Working alongside the Head of Commercial Marketing, PR & Brand Partnerships and our PR agency partners, you will manage our communications activity through consumer and trade media, social channels and activate brand events and partnerships.
We’re looking for someone who is organised, moves quickly and wants to be part of a dynamic and highly creative team. Ideally you already have, or are quickly able to foster relationships with key consumer and business media and editors.
Working in the heart of the Sydney CBD with flexible working arrangements on offer this is a perfect role for someone who wants to set the communications agenda for one of Australia’s most influential media businesses.
- Work with external suppliers to deliver PR programs that grow brand affinity and achieve marketing objectives.
- Manage the drafting of releases, seek approvals and curate photography and imagery in conjunction with agency partners.
- Manage Are Media’s social media channels and content curation.
- Be the point of contact for Are Media’s communications both internally and externally.
- Build relationships with key media partners.
- Support Are Media’s event manager to activate events program
- Coordinate internal communications
- Provide administrative support for the department when needed
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years publicity, PR or marketing experience, or experience in a TV/Radio production role
- Strong written skills and attention to detail with a proven history in writing and preferably editing experience.
- Experience of managing multiple internal and external stakeholders and agency partners.
- Ability to prioritise and activate numerous PR campaigns/projects simultaneously.
- Event management experience highly desirable
- Established network of relevant consumer and business media contacts
- Proficient in WordPress and social media platforms
Why Are Media?
Join a values based organisation built on respecting all, inspiring creativity and collaboration with others. Excellent Employee Benefits Package including; discounted gym & swimming pool rates at Park Street CBD; regular beauty perks; discounts at cafes, restaurants & retail stores; as well as access to Are Media’s Learning & Development Offerings.
Are Media is committed to a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We know & value the success this brings for everyone and we welcome & encourage applications from diverse backgrounds
- Contact Name: Jackie Parrella
- Contact Email: email@example.com