Business Development Manager (APAC)
Posted 25 May 2019
Closes 24 Jun 2019
The Working Party are seeking to hire a Business Development Manager (APAC).
The Working Party are APAC’s leading Shopify Plus focussed digital agency – we provide strategy, design and growth services for high volume retailers. We only work with Shopify Plus – the most flexible, scalable and user-friendly eCommerce platform on the market.
Our approach has achieved phenomenal success for many clients including Youfoodz, KOOKAÏ, Honey Birdette, Lovisa, Saski Collection, Carbon Coco and Assembly Label. Our 100% commitment to Shopify Plus over all other platforms allows us to deliver the best possible result, pushing boundaries and making the impossible a reality.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast growing team in Melbourne. You’ll report directly to the CEO, and work closely with our digital strategy, account management and production teams to ensure revenue and growth targets are met as well as upholding our values and strategic objectives.
You’ll have at least 2-3 years of experience working on pitches end to end, with C-suite level stakeholders as well as experience with SaaS and eCommerce. Direct experience with Shopify Plus or other platforms such as Magento, Big Commerce or Commerce Cloud is desirable. You’ll be comfortable running a sales pipeline, developing both warm and cold leads.
The nitty gritty:
- You will have a proven track record of pitching to and winning projects in an eCommerce / SaaS environment.
- You will have experience managing the end-to-end BD experience: qualification, requirements gathering, writing scope of work documents, proposal creating, pitching, closing and client onboarding.
- You will build trust through knowledge and expertise and have a natural curiosity to continually further your own knowledge base as well and dig deeper into clients needs and an overall understanding of their business.
- You will be a strategic, quick thinker and always be able to balance client requirements with our own commercial and strategic objectives.
- You’ll have a high level of financial and business acumen.
- You’ll be comfortable working on inbound and outbound leads.
- You’ll have experience working with pitches with multiple stakeholders – from different disciplines, for example, CTO, CMO, CEO – and be able to tailor your approach accordingly.
- You’ll be extremely organised, adept at juggling priorities – and have a solid understanding of tools of the trade such as task managers, project management tools, pipeline management and proposal software.
- You’ll have an understanding of a range of eCommerce platforms, ERP’s, PIM’s as well as other tools such as apps, email marketing, inventory management etc.
- You’ll be proactive, approachable, collaborative and consistently able to deliver results.
- You have at least one or two self-taught skills in your tool kit and genuinely seek out continual learning opportunities both at and outside of work.
- You’ll be a stickler for efficiency, attention to detail, best practice and pushing boundaries.
- You’ll see opportunity everywhere, especially where others think it’s too hard.
- You’re tenacious and live to close deals.
More about us:
- We work on custom made, birch ply Lean Open Desks and Steelcase Gesture chairs, or our own custom designed standing desks. On-site secure bike parking and shower, 500m from train or tram.
- Tech stack – latest MacBook Pro, LG 5K monitor and Apple accessories.
- We have an enviable client list of some of APAC and Shopify’s best retailers and a very high client retention rate.
- We have a team of exceptional, talented professionals who work collaboratively to deliver the best results possible to our clients each and every time.
- We love to nurture and develop our team as well as promote internally.
- Our head office is in Melbourne, we have satellite offices in Sydney and Adelaide – our clients are all over APAC, this is a role that requires some travel.
- We’re a social bunch and enjoy Friday night drinks, catered WIP’s and team events.
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your CV to [email protected] and include a cover letter outlining some successful projects you have closed in your current role.
Direct applicants only (Australian resident, or with full work rights).
With respect – no recruiters / no exceptions.